Stock stippling.

I picked up a Miroku MK38 trap gun the other day for a super super super cheap price, the gun is old but in very good condition, fitted with a comb raiser that needs refinishing, easy job but the stock grip and forend has no chequering at all. I took it out to a close perm to try it out on a few woodies and clays with a trap I keep on the perm, all okay but the grip is lacking so what the hell to do.

Chequering I think is going to be pretty expensive which on a gun that I paid £100 for is a bit silly.  Stippling looks very good and offers good grip but I have never tried it so not sure how to go about it or thirdly to find some form of gripper tape but many of the floor gripper tapes are extremely coarse and would be uncomfortable to use, lastly I could use some type of glove but I am less keen on that for summer use.

At last we come to the feedback , can any of you offer any ideas on either products or techniques to sort this matter out please chaps.

Phil

• 1 month later...