Gamo junior, which pellet

Any suggestions, I'm about to order one , haven't had an airgun for years and never had .177. it's for targets and general plinking and for a gamo junior hunter. Low ft lb , Tia 

12 minutes ago, Borr said:

Any suggestions, I'm about to order one , haven't had an airgun for years and never had .177. it's for targets and general plinking and for a gamo junior hunter. Low ft lb , Tia 

To be honest most pellet brands these days are good quality, Except marksman Lol. Just buy a few different trial packs off ebay and see which suits the gun best, 

12 minutes ago, paulus said:

To be honest most pellet brands these days are good quality, Except marksman Lol. Just buy a few different trial packs off ebay and see which suits the gun best, 

Cheers Paulus, yep I've gone for hn barracuda match. See how we go as long as they group a bit they'll be fine I'm sure. I see wasp are back in production the first pellets I used as a kid. My go to later on were the accupells in .20 and .22 . I'm quite excited about having a plinking session with my boys, safety briefing and all that, needing to build a very quiet backstop first off. 

1 minute ago, Borr said:

Cheers Paulus, yep I've gone for hn barracuda match. See how we go as long as they group a bit they'll be fine I'm sure. I see wasp are back in production the first pellets I used as a kid. My go to later on were the accupells in .20 and .22 . I'm quite excited about having a plinking session with my boys, safety briefing and all that, needing to build a very quiet backstop first off. 

I use a backstop that consists of, 10mm Perspex with a rubber backed carpet attached to the front, Then i add a cardboard target, The pellets just either get caught between the carpet and Perspex or on the floor below it. Very little noise and totally safe, tried loads of other backstops and none are as good as it. 

1 minute ago, paulus said:

I use a backstop that consists of, 10mm Perspex with a rubber backed carpet attached to the front, Then i add a cardboard target, The pellets just either get caught between the carpet and Perspex or on the floor below it. Very little noise and totally safe, tried loads of other backstops and none are as good as it. 

Sounds like a good shout I was thinking plyboard with a carpet over, will attach targets to a cardboard box stuffed with something. Think it's only 6ft lbs so shouldn't be too bad , not overly bothered as neighbours are noisy enough....

I would buy a selection tin of JSB pellets which is a good economical way for pellet testing, I think they have 7 various types of pellet in the tin including several of the sme type but in different diameters so you know which is best suited.

I use a paving slab as a back drop with or without carpet, very quiet and no fear of it rotting unlike wood.

Phil