Warm boot time.

I had a couple of hours spare today so I decided to go to one of our squirrel perms and fill up the feeders ready for a session tomorrow or Friday. The feeders are sited in a long disused quarry that is full of trees with ivy growing both up them and covering the entire ground. As the temperature at ground level was around -1.5 degrees, the lower level in the quarry is around 5 degrees colder and my bloody feet were like blocks of ice after only being in there for about 40mins so clearly I had to get some new boots which would also be well suited for my winter pike fishing.

A trip into Scunthorpe to my usual fishing tackle shop found me trying various thermal boots which were both fleecy fur lined but also waterproof in the lower boot. Well the £120 pair were out of the equasion but a pair of Nash boots were both very comfortable, warm and had a soft thermal sponge inner sole so ensuring the cold would not get through and at £50 not too bad.

WWW.ANGLINGDIRECT.CO.UK

Key FeaturesFleece lined deluxe field boots Insulating sole and thermal inner boot Moulded easy clean TPR waterproof base and non-slip grips Rotproof lacing...

Now before any of you lot make a comment about the fur tops................................yes I did feel a bit of a twat but I am big enough to carry it off 🙄 and anyway I can just pretend I look fit for purpose.

I popped out to a perm early this evening for a couple of hours on the rabbits, air temperature here at -2.5 degrees and dropping and although the rabbits were not coming out to play, my feet stayed toastie warm. Any of you looking for some warm boots, these are worth a look.

I have to say that this cold spell has left our perms very quiet with very very little rabbit movement and the same with the ferals. If only we still had a decent rat perm again, that is the most productive on cold nights. Oh well I am now settling down to watch a film with a glass of merlot in hand.

Phil

On 17/01/2024 at 20:59, philpot said:

I had a couple of hours spare today so I decided to go to one of our squirrel perms and fill up the feeders ready for a session tomorrow or Friday. The feeders are sited in a long disused quarry that is full of trees with ivy growing both up them and covering the entire ground. As the temperature at ground level was around -1.5 degrees, the lower level in the quarry is around 5 degrees colder and my bloody feet were like blocks of ice after only being in there for about 40mins so clearly I had to get some new boots which would also be well suited for my winter pike fishing.

A trip into Scunthorpe to my usual fishing tackle shop found me trying various thermal boots which were both fleecy fur lined but also waterproof in the lower boot. Well the £120 pair were out of the equasion but a pair of Nash boots were both very comfortable, warm and had a soft thermal sponge inner sole so ensuring the cold would not get through and at £50 not too bad.

WWW.ANGLINGDIRECT.CO.UK

Key FeaturesFleece lined deluxe field boots Insulating sole and thermal inner boot Moulded easy clean TPR waterproof base and non-slip grips Rotproof lacing...

Now before any of you lot make a comment about the fur tops................................yes I did feel a bit of a twat but I am big enough to carry it off 🙄 and anyway I can just pretend I look fit for purpose.

I popped out to a perm early this evening for a couple of hours on the rabbits, air temperature here at -2.5 degrees and dropping and although the rabbits were not coming out to play, my feet stayed toastie warm. Any of you looking for some warm boots, these are worth a look.

I have to say that this cold spell has left our perms very quiet with very very little rabbit movement and the same with the ferals. If only we still had a decent rat perm again, that is the most productive on cold nights. Oh well I am now settling down to watch a film with a glass of merlot in hand.

Phil

Talking of Rat perms, don’t suppose you got a terrier? I’ve got some to do in messingham and could do with a hand 👍

On 24/01/2024 at 20:07, LincsRatter said:

Talking of Rat perms, don’t suppose you got a terrier? I’ve got some to do in messingham and could do with a hand 👍

I was over there today but sadly no terrier, just guns.