Has any one used the services of Medi-Cert were they any good how long did it take and would you recommend, I have just heard from my firearms department that renewals are being sent out 18 weeks before expiry so my renewals should land on my mat mid February.

This is the first time I’ve had to supply all this medical history so a bit of an unknown for me, thanks in advance for any insights.

7 hours ago, FLATTOP said:

Has any one used the services of Medi-Cert were they any good how long did it take and would you recommend, I have just heard from my firearms department that renewals are being sent out 18 weeks before expiry so my renewals should land on my mat mid February.

This is the first time I’ve had to supply all this medical history so a bit of an unknown for me, thanks in advance for any insights.

My mate used them they were shit, his doctor wouldnt sign the paperwork, he ended up changing doctors and signed up with the surgery as me

23 minutes ago, Bakerboy said:

My mate used them they were shit, his doctor wouldnt sign the paperwork, he ended up changing doctors and signed up with the surgery as me

Cheers mate I’m going to have to seriously rethink this, my shit doctors don’t want nothing to do with it might have to change doctors myself.

24 minutes ago, FLATTOP said:

Cheers mate I’m going to have to seriously rethink this, my shit doctors don’t want nothing to do with it might have to change doctors myself.

Perhaps others on here have had better results than my mate, but he reckons they were next to useless

1 minute ago, Bakerboy said:

Perhaps others on here have had better results than my mate, but he reckons they were next to useless

I’ve just had a good look on Trust Pilot and if that’s anything to go by yep they are shite, I did look at these  

WWW.SHOOTCERT.CO.UK

ShootCert provides high-quality medical certificates for firearm/shotgun licence applications. BASC medical panel member. CPSA recommended.

and they seemed to fair better in the reviews my doctors stopped doing firearms medicals in September 21 surprised really because normally they love making a few quid they couldn’t wait to pump every one with the covid jab which I believe the government were paying to do.

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

I used Shootcert in the end £90 pretty straightforward got my medical certificate back 3/4 weeks but the firearms are dragging their feet now I’d recommend them and use them again.

• Like 1