How did everyone go on last night with birds with the fireworks. Was dreading this morning having to go out to the birdroom. Thinking there maybe a few off the sticks dead on the floor. It's not just them falling to the floor , this time of the year mice become carnivorous too for energy intake. Eating one another. Anyway every thing was good this morning birds all fine. Had some prick about 4 house's up for a good hour letting off them 1000 shot f***ing things off. Me climbing the walls last night was a understatement lol. 

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, neil82 said:

I don`t buy this theory, if sudden loud noises and flashes of light were so deadly the countryside would be covered in corpses after every thunderstorm.

Do you go looking in hedge and tree bottoms. On new years eve the conifers that are in my back garden starlings normal roost up on a night. That night you could hear the birds moving about and flying out. So your telling me that them birds if on the ground won't get picked off by predators ? The corpses will of been a nice meal for some. Big difference to captive bred birds. The birds smash them selfs up and the wire. Many a night's I used to watch the birds in my bird room on the cctv through night vision mode. Now and then heard some flapping where one of the birds has fallen off the sticks. Which then starts all of the birds panicking for some reason. So now I've got lighting which just knocks down to 2 % through the winter months. 

Edited by Bangersanmash
  • Like 1
On 04/01/2024 at 15:40, neil82 said:

I don`t buy this theory, if sudden loud noises and flashes of light were so deadly the countryside would be covered in corpses after every thunderstorm.

And every bonfire night they'd be thousands of birds dead the morning after..

• Like 1
On 08/01/2024 at 01:07, sambo123 said:

And every bonfire night they'd be thousands of birds dead the morning after..

They'll be many birds that have been frightened from roosting up. Did you read my last comment about predators will of picked many off that have dropped out of the hedge rows and tree lines. Plus if they've come out of roosting up when we had the wind and rain they'll of died through cold & stress it's common-sense. Like a said some titt up from me was letting them 1000 shot repeaters off. About 10ft away from the conifers at the back of our properties. You could hear the starlings that sit tight there on a night scrambling out.  My dogs were up the walls too because of the prick. Don't mind having odd rocket but them 1000s shot repeaters just take the piss. Don't go that high up like some decent rockets do..