Any grayling anglers on here??

28 minutes ago, neil r said:

I forgot about the Yorkshire Calder . You’re right about the grayling there , I was shown some photos of some good ones from there when I was a member of Ryburn and Halifax . It was actually the Lancashire Calder that goes into the ribble I meant , it’s full of grayling and 2lb+ fish are not uncommon when I’m fishing the stickfloat . 

Thats the book i fish on had some cracking grayling 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

Just about every river in Wales has them ...you could get off the ferry and fill your boots...

FISHINGWALES.NET

Thymallus thymallus A cold water fish, grayling are closely related to salmon and trout, but are sometimes classified...

Dublin to holyhead and meet up with you mate, show me a few

13 minutes ago, Lenmcharristar said:

Dublin to holyhead and meet up with you mate, show me a few

Im a few miles outside of Cardiff,if You could come down my way,  I can sort you some flyfishing for them on the rhumney/taff or trotting on the Wye and its tributaries ...theres some good rivers for grayling and sewin down Swansea way but most will be private stretches where your paying through the nose...IMG_20200606_140110_209.jpg.3cafc8e66788d7d4d7a14495a18e3fed.jpgDSC_1157.JPG.6af17268a7f42765cd59b60c9f818cf9.JPG

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Lenmcharristar said:

Wheres the calder?

There’s actually 2 Calder’s in Lancashire but the one everyone knows runs in to the ribble round Brockholes/billington and you can get day tickets for the ribble trust stretch of the ribble and up into the Calder at Calder foot . Upstream of there is all on club books but you can get day tickets for Pendle and Burnley’s stretches at altham and behind cornfields fishery / gawthorpe hall at Burnley and behind the bowling greens in Padhiam , think they’re about £6 . There’s also a free stretch in Padhiam but don’t know how long the stretch is . 

• Like 1