21 hours ago, Abullx said:

Could anyone tell me what’s the difference between a italian/ Spanish parva and a native Goldie do you sing similar at all 

The parva goldfinch alot bigger bird than the native and colour of the parva is more intense too specially on the head. Alot tidier bird than a native.  

39 minutes ago, Bangersanmash said:

The parva goldfinch alot bigger bird than the native and colour of the parva is more intense too specially on the head. Alot tidier bird than a native.  

Ok thanks it isn’t as big as a a sib though Is it 

18 hours ago, goldfinch2007 said:

Barcelona bird 👍

18 hours ago, goldfinch2007 said:

Barcelona bird 👍

Natives, parva over here now there all the same idiots over here have cross bred them. Same as native pieds you'll find many money making arseholes have crossed the sib with Natives. 8That's why a won't buy them. I've been to view many with a good friend and he's told me to walk away on size of them. Dick heads three generations in and you can still tell. The goldfich hoddy is flat now over here 

5 hours ago, gnipper said:

I thought it was the song Parva which made them a type rather than a size or colour difference? 

Cm difference 12cm native 13cm parva and I'm guessing maybe weight too. You can see the difference. When looking at the birds too the parva looks similar to classic sib than a British. 

5 hours ago, gnipper said:

I thought it was the song Parva which made them a type rather than a size or colour difference? 

Parva is a European goldfinch not a native. And some come over here mate I've noticed with the climate change here in Yorkshire in our local wood on some feeders that have been put up the difference in size in the british goldfich and the European that comes over here. Even though it's only a Cm difference you can still see the difference in the birds. Here's some other names for the goldfinch in other countries. Good read this article that a red. 

Screenshot_20231128_180440_Chrome~2.jpg

16 hours ago, Derrydave said:

that a real nice goldie

20 hours ago, Abullx said:

2 birds I picked up from Cambridge sale the one on the cage is supposed to be a Parva 

IMG_3125.jpeg

IMG_3150.jpeg

This is what a mean by looking like classic sibs alot bigger on images that a British. You look at a British native goldfinch. They look alot smaller. 

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Bangersanmash said:

This is what a mean by looking like classic sibs alot bigger on images that a British. You look at a British native goldfinch. They look alot smaller. 

I think they look similar size me personally when there cage is next to each other but might not be a Parva just told me that to sell it 

23 hours ago, Abullx said:

I think they look similar size me personally when there cage is next to each other but might not be a Parva just told me that to sell it 

Your right mate some are full of shit. Unless you know someone really well or know other bird keepers that can vouch for them a wouldn't touch them mate. 

23 hours ago, Abullx said:

That's a normal bred from pied breeding. I bred it this season just gone. So put it with a visual hen for next season. That's off Siberian pieds. But this bird looks smaller than them you've showed me mate 

20231130_164535~2.jpg