Goldie breeders

For the experienced Goldie breeders what would you recommend I do I have 2 sheds/ avairy I was thinking of putting few hens and cocks in the one on the right and fill it 1/2 with cover and then shed on the left with double breeders for some more pairs and mule pairs or do you think i should not worry about the double breeders and have it as another aviary for best results 

IMG_2666.jpeg

Edited by Abullx

1 hour ago, Abullx said:

For the experienced Goldie breeders what would you recommend I do I have 2 sheds/ avairy I was thinking of putting 10 c 20 h in the one on the right and fill it 1/2 with cover and then shed on the left with double breeders for some more pairs and mule pairs or do you think i should not worry about the double breeders and have it as another aviary for best results 

IMG_2666.jpeg

Do you mean put 10 males and 20 females in one flight? If your after breeding goldies I'd say you would be better splitting it into smaller flights and a pair in each one with solid divides so they can't see each other. My goldies bred in the aviary with canaries in there but a load of goldies in one aviary will end up a lot of bickering and problems in the breeding season. 

Edited by gnipper
30 minutes ago, gnipper said:

Do you mean put 10 males and 20 females in one flight? If your after breeding goldies I'd say you would be better splitting it into smaller flights and a pair in each one with solid divides so they can't see each other. My goldies bred in the aviary with canaries in there but a load of goldies in one aviary will end up a lot of bickering and problems in the breeding season. 

Goldies bicker like anything don't they Lol we have wild flocks here that fight like hell on the feeders. 

305.png

057 (2).png

34 minutes ago, gnipper said:

Ok so you only had one pair with your canaries and the goldies went down 

56 minutes ago, Abullx said:

Ok so you only had one pair with your canaries and the goldies went down 

Yes but then they are all different. She was a steady hen. 

If I was in your position I would keep them on their own and have feeder canaries in cages in the shed. 

Screenshot_20200422-084559_Gallery.jpg

20 minutes ago, gnipper said:

Yes but then they are all different. She was a steady hen. 

If I was in your position I would keep them on their own and have feeder canaries in cages in the shed. 

Screenshot_20200422-084559_Gallery.jpg

Ok thanks I’ll try with some feeders aswell then 

54 minutes ago, Abullx said:

Ok thanks I’ll try with some feeders aswell then 

Muling pairs can be used too if you're desperate to get something better reared.

You'll find goldie hens more likely to go down in an aviary or flight cage than a double breeder.

5 minutes ago, gnipper said:

Muling pairs can be used too if you're desperate to get something better reared.

You'll find goldie hens more likely to go down in an aviary or flight cage than a double breeder.

Ok I’ll do a few mule in double breeders then and use aviary for goldies, thanks