Window in the Weather

Arry

Nice bank more like the side of a mountain Joe.

Steep old ground mate this is looking up it's deceiving looks bloody flat lol.

IMG_2477.jpeg.88c58078964356990785d0011ebd5c69.jpeg

Brace out of that one.

IMG_2475.jpeg.1fb8ef921087d80ea0d89e6d643acd8f.jpeg

Cheers Arry

Edited by Arry
  • Like 5

• 4 weeks later...

Only 5 today but some of the best weather for a long time.

Once again pig wire and again not one in the Long Net the 3 I had all in run nets behind the posts.

IMG_2822.jpeg.3b944928d2a52814ec586114b539b80e.jpeg

IMG_2819.jpeg.9b46958b3b7515257fe8dae81ddcbab7.jpeg

Cheers Arry

• Like 5
  • 3 weeks later...

Did this road hedge today been flailed to pieces blackthorn everywhere. Managed seven but the bad news is after we done the hedge we thought we would walk around see what the rabbit situation was. At first it seemed stacked but as we got one field away a rabbit staggering around then a dead black one then another not well that we despatched. Bloody RHD gutting.

IMG_3057.jpeg.83be27ac3568d228dfd3469684f33c3f.jpeg

IMG_3062.jpeg.045675a44f7f1e87ae55f7a4c1c44d08.jpeg

Cheers Arry

• Like 5

That’s not good about the RVHD, hopefully it doesn’t wipe them out. Horrible disease. A farm I do had it for sure a few years ago (almost certainly still does) I found a few just sitting there not moving and when I gutted them they were fine must have been RVHD. Whilst the population definitely took a hit it didn’t completely wipe them out so there is some hope for you. 

Edited by Bobtheferret
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, Bobtheferret said:

That’s not good about the RVHD, hopefully it doesn’t wipe them out. Horrible disease. A farm I do had it for sure a few years ago (almost certainly still does) I found a few just sitting there not moving and when I gutted them they were fine must have been RVHD. Whilst the population definitely took a hit it didn’t completely wipe them out so there is some hope for you. 

I'm fortunate I have quite a few permission's but its still gutting was good numbers there but just going to get laid up trying to ferret it. Also I dont want to spread it, disaffected boots etc. Aways been good to us that ground and the neighbouring farm as well. 

Just have to make the most of other ground.

Cheers Arry

• Like 2
19 hours ago, Arry said:

I'm fortunate I have quite a few permission's but its still gutting was good numbers there but just going to get laid up trying to ferret it. Also I dont want to spread it, disaffected boots etc. Aways been good to us that ground and the neighbouring farm as well. 

Just have to make the most of other ground.

Cheers Arry

Leave it be till next autumn with any luck you may be lucky and find that there’s still a decent number around. 

• Like 1