Went out yesterday with catty shot my first woody really nice shot. But on going to collect it in some cover behind my allotment. A bloody black feral cat picked it up and ran off with it behind this thick cover. At first a could hear the woody flapping about. Then all of a sudden a could hear the flapping but moving at speed. Lol. A looked up the gap behind the cover and seen the black cat with the woody. Cheeky b*****d pinched my kill. A was looking forward to cooking that for my tea with some garlic and abit of wine. Maybe have an hour after work hopefully get a few kills. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Bangersanmash said:

Went out yesterday with catty shot my first woody really nice shot. But on going to collect it in some cover behind my allotment. A bloody black feral cat picked it up and ran off with it behind this thick cover. At first a could hear the woody flapping about. Then all of a sudden a could hear the flapping but moving at speed. Lol. A looked up the gap behind the cover and seen the black cat with the woody. Cheeky b*****d pinched my kill. A was looking forward to cooking that for my tea with some garlic and abit of wine. Maybe have an hour after work hopefully get a few kills. 

if there is no pic it didn't happen.......   only joking mate, great to get you first 👍, I was starting to get accurate but when a woodie was in range I think I got excited and missed by miles😂, then I got the first and after that started to get regular stuff. 

• Like 2
7 hours ago, fred90 said:

if there is no pic it didn't happen.......   only joking mate, great to get you first 👍, I was starting to get accurate but when a woodie was in range I think I got excited and missed by miles😂, then I got the first and after that started to get regular stuff. 

It's true that because after my first clean shot and knowing how far to pull back the bands a was hitting everything today. Mainly the greys but couldn't kill them a got three clean shots. One shot was about 25 yards maybe a little more on the ground. Hit it with a nice clean shot. It jumped up in the mid air. Then ran a little towards this tree then came back out into the open , dropped to floor like it was dead then jumped back up as a got about 10 yards away. Am thinking the steel's I'm using are too small 8mm and maybe the bands aren't strong enough. Am new to shooting them so not up on the bands. 

Then another ran up tree sat there looking at me. Ad say was about 15ft up looking straight at me nestled in the v of the tree where one of the branches comes away from the trunk just it's head showing. Hit it flush on head it kicked its self back away from tree about a yard in mid air dropped to ground and ran back up tree into a hole. Am thinking something not right there head shots like that. But a do know greys are hard because back in day with air riffles they'd take some decent shots. Next time I'm out a will try get a clip of me shooting them. But it's then when filming you won't hit anything Sods law lol 

3 minutes ago, Bangersanmash said:

Then another ran up tree sat there looking at me. Ad say was about 15ft up looking straight at me nestled in the v of the tree where one of the branches comes away from the trunk just it's head showing. Hit it flush on head it kicked its self back away from tree about a yard in mid air dropped to ground and ran back up tree into a hole. Am thinking something not right there head shots like that. But a do know greys are hard because back in day with air riffles they'd take some decent shots. Next time I'm out a will try get a clip of me shooting them. But it's then when filming you won't hit anything Sods law lol 

squirrels are hard mate, that's why dog is handy when they hit the floor. I always use. .65 bands and 9.5mm steel, and then you need head or neck shots👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 06/10/2023 at 08:10, Bangersanmash said:

Nothing worse mate, had it happen a few times, last one was someone's spaniel with a rabbit I shot on a paddock,  the fecker came out of nowhere,  picked up the rabbit and hightailed it back in wood.  What catty ya shooting  ?.

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Mr Wilkes said:

Nothing worse mate, had it happen a few times, last one was someone's spaniel with a rabbit I shot on a paddock,  the fecker came out of nowhere,  picked up the rabbit and hightailed it back in wood.  What catty ya shooting  ?.

Just a cheap ply one a bought off a chap near me that makes them. Not a bad catty to be fair mate. A need to up grade I've not got a clue on bands and what's strengths for what quarry. A do know these bands are not strong enough for greys though. Lad a got catty off just uses this band size nothing stronger. A need to go online and order so order made up.