I've got 20 so far this year with a few nicely marked ones again. 2 of my hens are back down on full ones but I've had enough now this season so tempted to put them under a feeder in the aviary and take away their nests.

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, gnipper said:

Was that off a sibo?

Yeah classic yellow cock to a white mosaic. I've two mules that one and a yellow one that's got a few markings nice looking birds. Only reason a did this breeding this year was for a couple to keep back to use as fosters nexr season if need be. That's if they turned out hens 

8 hours ago, gnipper said:

I've got 20 so far this year with a few nicely marked ones again. 2 of my hens are back down on full ones but I've had enough now this season so tempted to put them under a feeder in the aviary and take away their nests.

All my birds are done now most in flights together.  I've over 30 goldfiches plus over 50 timbrados. Not done too bad was slow at first. Mornings hours are changing back now. Half hours already been knocked off the clock. Few weeks ago was morning light was coming through at 4 now it's around about 4.30. So soon as that showed a split the birds up. Get them through the moult now settle them down for winter. Looks like I've some nice goldfinches 

My last lot nipper there's 3 lots all together. You'll see from the images the rest in moult heavy ugly b*****ds lol The first image the young there are a few days older than the second image and the hen on young I've not been near only to ring them. Was very lucky all the young were on the floor so cages the cock bird up kept visual on the hen. She settled back down a knew then it was the cock bird. b*****d they are. All them In flight are heavy in moult now. 

20230724_154425.jpg

20230724_154449.jpg

20230724_154924.jpg

20230724_154624.jpg

20230724_154620.jpg

• Like 2

I've a few pairs that are still messing about will see if owt comes of them but if a was to put a wage on it a think the eggs will be empty. Am not moaning like a say I've not done too bad to say what it was like the weather at the being of the so called start of the season. Think many were struggling. A pal of mine up north east only bred 7 birds his redpols nothing..

15 hours ago, gnipper said:

Mine are all still itching to go but I'm putting a stop to them. I will have bred more than I bought rings of mules and pigeons so not the worst season.

Best way get them moulted out stress free then nearer to winter months. Won't be long now August just round the corner