Few ferals

Love shooting ferals and so it seems does your grandson who appears to be holding on to your hw rather  tightly me thinks NP. ?

I picked up a couple of pigeon deeks which have been painted with more white areas just like ferals often are and with a telescopic pole and tree hangers for lofting deeks, we can just reach some of the barn gutters, they really work well. going to try it with crows next time as we get plenty of the buggers which clear off after one shot so perhps it may help, we will see.

Phil

• Like 2

Cheers mac, he does like the hw but way to heavy for him pal, im getting him a bsa ultra se, arron wheeler gunsmith said he could cut down the stock to fit him and change everything around for him as he is left handed so im getting that done for him, when he gets a gun that sits right on him he will get plenty more cos he is a goot shot, 

Cheers pal.

16 hours ago, big napper said:

Cheers mac, he does like the hw but way to heavy for him pal, im getting him a bsa ultra se, arron wheeler gunsmith said he could cut down the stock to fit him and change everything around for him as he is left handed so im getting that done for him, when he gets a gun that sits right on him he will get plenty more cos he is a goot shot, 

Cheers pal.

They do make the Ultra in a junior version as well, a normal size stock can be bought when needed.

7 hours ago, philpot said:

They do make the Ultra in a junior version as well, a normal size stock can be bought when needed.

They do pal, i was going to get him one but the gunsmith told me they only do 6 to 8ftlb and cant be adjusted so i might aswell get him the ultra se and get the stock done and work done on it for a lefty then when he gets bigger put a full size stock back on.

4 hours ago, big napper said:

They do pal, i was going to get him one but the gunsmith told me they only do 6 to 8ftlb and cant be adjusted so i might aswell get him the ultra se and get the stock done and work done on it for a lefty then when he gets bigger put a full size stock back on.

Ah, I didn't know that, I thought it was normal power, pretty stupid is that if the idea was to let them grow into a full size stock but only half the power.  I am sure when I chatted with the BSA rep in my rfd, he never said they were reduced power, I bet they dont sell many in that case.

Phil

• 5 months later...

Great to see a lad getting taught how to hunt, those skills and memories will stay with him for life, he'll be telling his own kids about these adventures.

Re the rifle, perhaps an old Falcon would be suitable, they're really light and quite small, yet accurate and full power.

• Like 1