The laugh is on me.

We have just picked up a new rabbit perm which has the most prolific warren area I have ever seen so last night I popped over there, this time on my own with both the Wildcat fac and my Tikka .22lr rimmy, not to bore you with details, it was only a short session but still had 17 in just under 2hrs and before darkness kicked in.

This afternoon, my wife was out seeing friends (ladies that lunch) so after tinkering with my pal's pistol, I decided to pop round to my dairy farm to shoot a few crows that along with the pigeon get stuck into the cattle feed. First shot on the barn roof, nothing, the crow didn't move.........strange, second shot, nothing but it flew off.  I moved a few yards over to clear sight of another barn where five crows were sat on the roof, first shot, missed again...............the birds were still there, second shot missed ?, a couple of the birds stayed so a third shot this time I went 4.5 mildots over and the slug skimmed the roof and scuffed the crow's feathers, it flew off.

Pissed off by this and with the knowledge that I actually saw the last pellet's flight, loopy is an understatement to say the least, I have my zero at 25mt, at 50mt I am still on zero and 60ish mt half a mildot over so I knew there was something wrong here. i went home with the thought that there is a 4 week turnaround at Sportsman for repairs and with that in mind I thought, phone my rfd, then phone Pickering guns who are a bit good with FX then phone our Si Brown who is a whizzo but during my chat with Pickering, they asked about reg pressure which was 100bar and I am buggered if I can recall if that is correct or not, the conversation went on, check to see if there was any air leaks etc   THEN...............feck me, I noticed the power wheel on the rear of the action instead of being at number 7, it was set at 'adjustment'  !!!!!!!!!! what a tit.  I said how sorry I was to waste their time, I had a bit of tape to avoid this issue but it must have come off last night so the bloody thing moved.  For 3 years that bit of tape has prevented this from happening so a new piece of tape has been fitted in red so if it comes off, I should see it and we will see if I miss the crows when I again pop round the the dairy farm tomorrow afternoon, this time crows watch out this silly old bugger is about again but with a gun that really works this time..........................

WHAT A TWAT................................age is a terrible thing so don't snigger as you will get there one day. ??

Phil

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, villaman said:

Shouldn’t let old people out like that , just proves they need some one to hold their hand and their arse  at the same time , hey Phil ????

Are you available Mitch, may be needed sooner rather than later. ?

• Haha 1