.22LR doing the business

7 hours ago, sparky the hunter said:

I get the odd stoppage but after modifying the back of the breech block it isnt much of a problem, need to keep the magazines clean though.  Sako quad is a nice thing any pictures?  Do you swap the barrel often and does the .22 WMR shoot well?

It was shooting the wmr barrel all the time at first when my pal owned it but I only have the hmr barrel on but from what I recall, the wmr barrel shot well.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, philpot said:

Not used the .22lr for a while preferring the .22 fac air but started to use it again with a smile on my face. I think I am going to sell the Sako Quad HMR/ Wildcat mod with spare .22 WMR barrel as it is just used, not one shot this year.

I have always fancied the .22 10/22 semi auto but heard bad things about them jamming etc.

Phil

It has been around forever and still sells, but I'm struggling to know why!!!

Many people who buy them throw much of it away and replace with after market parts.

I spent a lot of time looking into them before I invested in a Semi and decided for what I needed a Magtech 7022 would be fine, and it has proved to be!!!  Cost me £125 brand new!!!

MagtecgDone1.jpg.d3f61e3d2a59c87d5d3cda679b11f5c7.jpg

Useable straight out of the box with fitted iron sights, but I did a little work.  Removed sights, added scope, moderator, studs and sling. 

Only time it has ever jammed is when I was helping another 7022 owner having trouble with his jamming, and it proved to be a dud batch of ammo.  I'm very pleased, cheap as chips as they say, very light, ridiculously accurate and reliable; does for me!

:good:

4 hours ago, Deker said:

It has been around forever and still sells, but I'm struggling to know why!!!

Many people who buy them throw much of it away and replace with after market parts.

I spent a lot of time looking into them before I invested in a Semi and decided for what I needed a Magtech 7022 would be fine, and it has proved to be!!!  Cost me £125 brand new!!!

MagtecgDone1.jpg.d3f61e3d2a59c87d5d3cda679b11f5c7.jpg

Useable straight out of the box with fitted iron sights, but I did a little work.  Removed sights, added scope, moderator, studs and sling. 

Only time it has ever jammed is when I was helping another 7022 owner having trouble with his jamming, and it proved to be a dud batch of ammo.  I'm very pleased, cheap as chips as they say, very light, ridiculously accurate and reliable; does for me!

:good:

Sounds like my lakfield only it was £75 brand new the sling , scope and silencer where worth more than the gun LOL only thing is i just got on e ten shot magazine i wish i had bought a larger one or another couple of ten shot mags 

19 hours ago, The one said:

Sounds like my lakfield only it was £75 brand new the sling , scope and silencer where worth more than the gun LOL only thing is i just got on e ten shot magazine i wish i had bought a larger one or another couple of ten shot mags 

Only the 1, 10 shot magazine with the Magtech 7022 as well!