Just now, paulus said:

Possibly an infestation of scales, tiny insects that latch onto the plant and suck out its moisture, excreting it as this sticky substance called honeydew. 

Makes sense mate .There’s insects stuck all over it this year .Happens every year but not this much .

Just now, foxdropper said:

Makes sense mate .There’s insects stuck all over it this year .Happens every year but not this much .

A change of subject but yesterday i watched as a buzzard took a you brancher jackdaw. it went to the ground with it and the other jackdaws in the colony went nuts, smashing into it whilst it was on the ground, when it took off they were still smashing into it in the air. something i have never witnessed before, 

8 minutes ago, paulus said:

A change of subject but yesterday i watched as a buzzard took a you brancher jackdaw. it went to the ground with it and the other jackdaws in the colony went nuts, smashing into it whilst it was on the ground, when it took off they were still smashing into it in the air. something i have never witnessed before, 

Nice mate .As an inexperienced falconer many moons ago I used to exercise the Harris hawk all year round instead of putting him up to moult and you’ve guessed it ,he flew into a rookery where carnage ensued .Had his brancher and  ate what he wanted and was ready to come down 6 hours later .The rooks had a mad flurry to start  with but when he’d eaten his fill and was rested they left him to one end apart from odd fly over .The bird was almost bomb proof and wanted corvids with a passion from that day til I sold him .Did a lot in building near Bristol where jackdaws were shut in at night .Lamping jackdaws eh . Mint fun .

• Like 2
Just now, foxdropper said:

Nice mate .As an inexperienced falconer many moons ago I used to exercise the Harris hawk all year round instead of putting him up to moult and you’ve guessed it ,he flew into a rookery where carnage ensued .Had his branched ate what he wanted and was ready to come down 6 hours later .The rooks had a mad flurry to start  with but when he’d eaten his fill and was rested they left him to one end apart from odd fly over .The bird was almost bomb proof and wanted corvids with a passion from that day til I sold him .Did a lot in building near Bristol where jackdaws were shut in at night .Lamping jackdaws eh . Mint fun .

i flew hawks and falcons for a good few years, always used the mobbing crows, jackdaws and magpies to locate birds on kills before bringing out the telemetry. but this was on another level, Full on battery. flying full tilt into it even in the air, if i had a camera and the sun was in another place the pictures could have been mint. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/06/2023 at 20:52, paulus said:

i flew hawks and falcons for a good few years, always used the mobbing crows, jackdaws and magpies to locate birds on kills before bringing out the telemetry. but this was on another level, Full on battery. flying full tilt into it even in the air, if i had a camera and the sun was in another place the pictures could have been mint. 

https://lintulehti.birdlife.fi:8443/pdf/artikkelit/320/tiedosto/of_79_82-86_artikkelit_320.pdf