Drifter and Co at large

This is a white hare, I was hoping to see this hare again, don't know if it's the same one as a few year ago, but was on a field on the next farm along the road to where I used to see the other one, there's some unusual coloured hares in this area, saw a monster black backed hare as well sitting in the field had a head like a turnip lantern

IMG_20230501_204322.jpg

IMG_20230501_204336_HDR.jpg

• Like 3
1 minute ago, low plains drifter said:

This is a white hare, I was hoping to see this hare again, don't know if it's the same one as a few year ago, but was on a field on the next farm along the road to where I used to see the other one, there's some unusual coloured hares in this area, saw a monster black backed hare as well sitting in the field had a head like a turnip lantern

IMG_20230501_204322.jpg

IMG_20230501_204336_HDR.jpg

Do you take British leopard pics for national newspapers………You know?

• Haha 4
18 minutes ago, dodger said:

Are you sure the hare isn't a brown albino hare mate

It is a brown hare, but I don't know if it's got red eyes, I've never been close enough to get a proper look, the light coloured hares and white hare on this land don't grow quite so big as the other hares, the keeper mentioned that

• Like 1

Aye mate. Decent butchers that in Rothbury selling wilderbeast and crocodile. Spot a Dipper in the river by car park if you're lucky!!

IMG-20230504-WA0002.jpg.9ea129a7af724b82bc470e4ac912b5c1.jpg

The National Highways agency found over 200 dead crows on the M4  near Bridgend recently, and there was concern that they may have died from Avian Flu. A Pathologist examined the remains of all the crows, and, to everyone's relief, confirmed the problem was NOT Avian Flu. The cause of death appeared to be from vehicular impacts. However, during analysis it was noted that varying colours of paints appeared on the bird's beaks and claws. By analysing these paint residues it was found that 98% of the crows had been killed by impact with lorrys, while only 2% were killed by cars. The Agency then hired an Ornithological Behaviourist to determine if there was a cause for the disproportionate percentages of truck kills versus car kills. The Ornithological Behaviourist quickly concluded that when crows eat road kill, they always have a look-out crow to warn of danger. They discovered that while all the lookout crows could shout "Cah", not a single one could shout "Lorry"

• Haha 1
21 minutes ago, Bush Rummager said:

Aye mate. Decent butchers that in Rothbury selling wilderbeast and crocodile. Spot a Dipper in the river by car park if you're lucky!!

IMG-20230504-WA0002.jpg.9ea129a7af724b82bc470e4ac912b5c1.jpg

The National Highways agency found over 200 dead crows on the M4  near Bridgend recently, and there was concern that they may have died from Avian Flu. A Pathologist examined the remains of all the crows, and, to everyone's relief, confirmed the problem was NOT Avian Flu. The cause of death appeared to be from vehicular impacts. However, during analysis it was noted that varying colours of paints appeared on the bird's beaks and claws. By analysing these paint residues it was found that 98% of the crows had been killed by impact with lorrys, while only 2% were killed by cars. The Agency then hired an Ornithological Behaviourist to determine if there was a cause for the disproportionate percentages of truck kills versus car kills. The Ornithological Behaviourist quickly concluded that when crows eat road kill, they always have a look-out crow to warn of danger. They discovered that while all the lookout crows could shout "Cah", not a single one could shout "Lorry"

Were they Rothbury crows?