Hello, newbie here checking in…

I am not only new to the forum, also new to the entire hunting ‘thing’. I’m looking forward to finding my feet here (I’m sure they’re here somewhere).

Some background. I’m a Brit, living in Andalucía, Spain. Mrs MrQ2U and I moved here in 2021. We have been around hunters for years in the UK but never been involved ourselves. We are now an integral part of a community of passionate hunters.

I am just setting out on this journey acutely aware that I have a lot to learn. You’re reading this, or at least I am writing it, on day one. My first serious gun arrives today.

My motivation and goals are specific. Jabalí (wild boar) harvesting from our own land, a 222 acre finca (rural property) in the campo (countryside). I am not your traditional hunting guy so I hope I won’t be cast out before I even contribute to this group. I’m looking forward to engaging.

You can call me Al.

530C4037-AEA5-4C56-B7A4-9FF78D953499.jpeg

• Like 2

Thanks The One & Foxdropper. It’ll be a while before I shoot anything with legs, still getting kit together. But here’s what I’m after. This fella was 63 metres from the terrace. They are everywhere around here.

20220418_234501.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 08/03/2023 at 04:27, MrQ2U said:

Hello, newbie here checking in…

I am not only new to the forum, also new to the entire hunting ‘thing’. I’m looking forward to finding my feet here (I’m sure they’re here somewhere).

Some background. I’m a Brit, living in Andalucía, Spain. Mrs MrQ2U and I moved here in 2021. We have been around hunters for years in the UK but never been involved ourselves. We are now an integral part of a community of passionate hunters.

I am just setting out on this journey acutely aware that I have a lot to learn. You’re reading this, or at least I am writing it, on day one. My first serious gun arrives today.

My motivation and goals are specific. Jabalí (wild boar) harvesting from our own land, a 222 acre finca (rural property) in the campo (countryside). I am not your traditional hunting guy so I hope I won’t be cast out before I even contribute to this group. I’m looking forward to engaging.

You can call me Al.

530C4037-AEA5-4C56-B7A4-9FF78D953499.jpeg

If you are after the Boar, it will need to be a serious calibre.   Good luck, let us see the results! 

:good: