Firearms variation

I’m trying to do a one4one variation but I can’t find a on-line form to fill in.. any advice appreciated… Lincolnshire police. 
I’m on the portal but I can’t find a form for a straight swap same calibre variation. 

1 hour ago, Sausagedog said:

What other options is there and have you tried them?

There’s 4 options.. 

1; new application 

2; variation (but I’ve filled this in and nothing about a one4one) 

3; change of address 

4; transfer/notice of sale 

Hmmm. To do a one for one variation you have to dispose of one first.

The form will ask you for details of where it went then ask if you wish to do a one for one.

You will not be given authority to purchase before you have surrendered the other.

If you want an additional firearm you will be asked for a good reason why you should be granted the addition.

• Like 4

Oh right, I didn’t realise that.. so I’ll have to hopefully see if the dealer will offer me a part exchange, even though I’m not buying the new rifle off him, there and then. If the variation takes a while to come through, I could be weeks or months without a rifle, as I would have to sell or dispose my existing rifle.. then apply for a one4one variation. Thanks for the information, I’ll look into that. 

• Like 2
17 minutes ago, moonlighter said:

Oh right, I didn’t realise that.. so I’ll have to hopefully see if the dealer will offer me a part exchange, even though I’m not buying the new rifle off him, there and then. If the variation takes a while to come through, I could be weeks or months without a rifle, as I would have to sell or dispose my existing rifle.. then apply for a one4one variation. Thanks for the information, I’ll look into that. 

That's the way it normally works! 

Some regions may give you a grace period of purchase/disposal, but the only way you will know that is if you ask your region, but don't count on it!!!

• Like 1
38 minutes ago, moonlighter said:

Or tell them you need and why you need an additional rifle. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, moonlighter said:

Silly isn't it??