Folding spades

Get the old ones that don't have the twisty crap bit but have a bit you push in to change the head,they also have a pick bit and are a handy thing to have in the tool box as such.I have one i use both in the field and at work as a groundworker and mine has 1959 stamped on it and i have shoved it in my coat and gone done a shallow place or two before with it..

13 minutes ago, fireman said:

Get the old ones that don't have the twisty crap bit but have a bit you push in to change the head,they also have a pick bit and are a handy thing to have in the tool box as such.I have one i use both in the field and at work as a groundworker and mine has 1959 stamped on it and i have shoved it in my coat and gone done a shallow place or two before with it..

I got this coming its an old type and when I did search on here some one mentioned the old ones with wooden handles

Picture 3 of 8

It a Ex Military Vintage Folding Shovel Spade Camping / Bushcraft lol might be rubbish but old tends to better than new cheap shite. I did see on FB some company making proper digging screw together jobs but I cant afford 90 odd quid 

Reading your post I got wrong one lol

Edited by terryd
WWW.EBAY.CO.UK

Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Entrenching tool, genuine Military folding entrenching tool at the best online prices at eBay! Free...

That's very very nearly the same as the one i use. but feck paying that for one,lol.

Edited by fireman
20 minutes ago, fireman said:
WWW.EBAY.CO.UK

Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Entrenching tool, genuine Military folding entrenching tool at the best online prices at eBay! Free...

That's very very nearly the same as the one i use. but feck paying that for one,lol.

Oh well I will remember that when my breaks after two minutes lol. I remember as a kid trying a folder and I think i tied it in knots and it didnt last 2 minutes. From that day I stuck with a whopping great steel handled job that could handle any thing. Just now a days you know what its like and its only a rabbit I am after

• Like 1

eventually,any shovel that folds will break, your better off getting a half decent shovel and cutting it down yourself,shorten the shaft, ,weld it up into a 2 piece with a t handle that you can pack into your bag...there's nothing worse than not having the right tool for the job,had a few deep digs to the ferrets,I wouldn't entertain anything wooden or folding?

WWW.EBAY.CO.UK

SOLID SOCKET CABLE LAYER ALL STEEL. Designed for cable and pipe laying with a slim blade that is ideal for...

something like this,or the fibreglass one

WWW.THESAFETYSUPPLYCOMPANY.CO.UK

TSSC Product Fibremax-Pro Trench Shovel - BS3388 Rated - [CA-TRTRMAX]

• Like 1