New perm yesterday.

My shooting buddy got a phone call yesterday from a farmer we know saying he had lost about 2 acres of rape to rabbits so we popped over to take a look in daylight to get a feel of the place then went last night to reccie with nv to note where they are coming out. It seems there are two quite large warrens that feed out into the crop which we saw in daylight and these two had fed about 10 - 12 rabbits out each.  We didn't want to shoot last night as we always want to get grips with where we are going to shoot before taking the guns.

Last night and the previous nights have been very strong winds here plus a full moon, we did not expect to see more than the odd rabbit so seeing this many in these conditions made us think this will be a nice little shoot plus the woodpigeon shooting.  We also found quite a bit of rat activity but only saw a few, again rats and full moon are rarely seen together.  All in all, a nice extra 550 acres to add to the list.

Phil

• Like 6

1 minute ago, philpot said:

As the price of thermal is still a bit out of reach for me I am afraid but they are coming down a little.

They are definitely a game changer glad I got mine after all these years of looking and waiting for the right one .

mate will be buying hikmicro falcon 35 this weekend and not. Bad price £1380 

3 minutes ago, villaman said:

They are definitely a game changer glad I got mine after all these years of looking and waiting for the right one .

mate will be buying hikmicro falcon 35 this weekend and not. Bad price £1380 

I did have a look through one of those but it was the small lens which was not brilliant, better than nothing. I have seen on FB how a number of people buy the 6mm size but seem to change up to a larger lens model.

Phil

Just now, philpot said:

I did have a look through one of those but it was the small lens which was not brilliant, better than nothing. I have seen on FB how a number of people buy the 6mm size but seem to change up to a larger lens model.

Phil

Nothing wrong with 35 lens . 6-10 are ok for ratting and that’s about it 

• Thanks 1