Last session before christmas

Me and Mills had been looking for a gap just before Christmas to get out; finding a break in the weather and schedules wasn't easy though. I text him and asked if he was free in about 2 hours and it was game on; a few rigs ( with Limitless Sea Fishing LTD 3/0 Avenja xts on the business end with a chinu as pennel for myself) , weights and 30 frozen prawn between us.

All set up and baits in the water; mills took the slack out of his rod once he thought it had settled in the tide and then it went slack again. He tightened it up again but it just dropped more slack so he picked it up and lifted into it, fish on! The bait had honestly been in the water less than 5 minutes, it must have literally landed on its nose. Being a male it scrapped all the way in; trying to dive for any divet in the sand, putting a nice bend in the rod but going nowhere as he was perfectly hooked.

No sooner had the fish gone back my line dropped slack and I also had a fish on; I could feel it diving for the side of the channel as I was bringing it in and it was giving a good show of itself. I knew it wasn't a massive fish but any fight is definitely better than dead weight and once over the bank and onto the shallows it was still trying to attach itself to the bottom, taking little dives as it came in. Another beautifully hooked male graced our presence, we took a quick weight and watched him return to the deeps.

With two in quick succession we thought it was going to be super busy, well hoped in fact but it quickly slowed right down for a few hours. I had a real rattly quick bite and thought it must have been a snotty eel and thought I'd actually missed it as it was real light coming in but turned out to be another small Thorney. 

As the tide started to push my line went tight, weed often does this here, so I let out a bit. When I noticed it had gone tight again I said to Mills about it but this time as I gave line it gave a bite. Another teabag for me.

Tide was really starting to push now and we were struggling to hold so we decided to pack up; both mine came back empty. On his first rod he had a pouting of around a pound. As he was retrieving his second rod he said it felt a better fish and there was a good bend in the rod however it turnt out to be another small one with a large bit of kelp attached but it was another ray none the less.

All 5 of the ray had been perfectly hooked with the avenjas and we'd managed a few hours out just before Christmas, a result we were pleased with.

#limitlessproteam #limitlesssea #chasingshadowssac

20221222_214934.jpg

20221222_214812.jpg

IMG-20221223-WA0004.jpg

20221222_215617.jpg

IMG-20221223-WA0001.jpg

20221222_221251.jpg

IMG-20221223-WA0005.jpg

20221223_001441.jpg

IMG-20221223-WA0002.jpg

20221223_004551.jpg

20221223_004456.jpg