16 hours ago, gnipper said:

I've a 4 year old hen here I've bred from the past 3 seasons and I'm pretty confident she'll go again next spring.

She most probably will it's okay when you've got a few replacement or some thats a few seasons in but you wouldn't count on her if she was your only hen at 4 season in lol. I've got cock birds that are 7 years in. A sold a yellow cock bird to a chap end of last season 16 bird an he's got 13 young off him this season some yellow an a couple of satenets so he's done good there to say a let him take him for hundreds quid. 

20 hours ago, iworkwhippets said:

Get in touch with bangersanmash  a member on here , he  will advise you 

I'm happy using them upto 3-4 seasons after that fertility will be not much. But saying that depends on what you feed your birds an supplements an plenty of wild foreigning for the right food they'd eat in the wild. I give my birds plenty of spices to for the natural antitoxins the birds benefit well from it. A don't pick much wild stuff now with the avian bird flu about not worth the risk. It's bad for it down south at moment. I've even given the shows a miss because of it. Newark warned birdkeepers on there Web site to be careful when bringing birds.