Crèche and parent reared harris hawk?

KEZ'77'

Hi peeps, I'm buying a harris hawk (male) he been parent reared, then crèche reared (with bro and sisters) will he be difficult too Mann? Had no contact with humans yet! Will he scream for food, when his weights dropped? Thanks for reading, an for advice! ?

On 19/10/2022 at 18:49, KEZ'77' said:

Hi peeps, I'm buying a harris hawk (male) he been parent reared, then crèche reared (with bro and sisters) will he be difficult too Mann? Had no contact with humans yet! Will he scream for food, when his weights dropped? Thanks for reading, an for advice! ?

Your post is confusing. It is either crèche reared or parent reared. Parent reared is usually reared in a seclusion aviary by its parents,  crèche reared is reared with its siblings by a human. 

I don't see the advantages to crèche rearing a Harris hawk as they are so naturally tame and steady. 

Even wild caught passage Harris's can scream as they are clever enough to understand who provides their food.

You are better off leaving a parent reared Harris with its parents until around 17 weeks of age. Then gently get its weight down so it's responsive, then get it entered ASAP. So that it quickly realises that it can provide its own food. This usually works and you can then hopefully end up with a hunting partner thst is quiet, and a joy to live with. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi, Thanks for the info bud, it's parent reared, it's male h/h, (sorry for the confusion in post, had too much of "cheese", the green one!) I've had a female h/h, she was 3yr,fabulous bird, I got her off a pest controler, I got her home, she settled well,(he spent a lot of time with her, I think she missed him?) She hated dogs with a passion (t.b.h.i think the owner was scared of dogs too, haha) I re homed her, she got footy, aggressive, (I think she wanted too breed?)she was called "Lunar" turned out to be a fxxking Lunatic! Lol,should I "tether" him first of all? ? Shall I drop his weight as well? Happy hunting, thanks for reading this TTFN (tat tar for now 

• 2 months later...
On 26/10/2022 at 14:55, KEZ'77' said:

Hi, Thanks for the info bud, it's parent reared, it's male h/h, (sorry for the confusion in post, had too much of "cheese", the green one!) I've had a female h/h, she was 3yr,fabulous bird, I got her off a pest controler, I got her home, she settled well,(he spent a lot of time with her, I think she missed him?) She hated dogs with a passion (t.b.h.i think the owner was scared of dogs too, haha) I re homed her, she got footy, aggressive, (I think she wanted too breed?)she was called "Lunar" turned out to be a fxxking Lunatic! Lol,should I "tether" him first of all? ? Shall I drop his weight as well? Happy hunting, thanks for reading this TTFN (tat tar for now 

I think it'd be s good idea if you found someone to mentor you .