Rough shooting

Seeing as the weather was glorious today I went out in search of squirrels and hoping for a pheasant. 

As I walked up the farm track a rabbit bolted from the hedge which I duly bowled over .Then I noticed a few pheasants skulking up a hedgerow and seeing as I never had the dog with me today didnt think I would get a shot as they prefer to run.

I cut them off further up the hedge and was surprised that 3 flushed and I shot all 3 ?

Took me ages to find one of them as it landed on top of a tall hedge.

I continued my round and sneaked up on a few magpies and squirrels and also a few pheasants...finishing off with a right and left at the flying chickens ?

What a beautiful day to be out ...

Just been out delivering pheasants to my neighbour's and the mechanic from the garage ?

20221018_115820.jpg

20221018_142142.jpg

20221018_152000.jpg

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

Nice when you get a few, even better when you can put a smile on someone’s face who is greatfull when you drop them something off, I think I’m going to have a walk out myself with the shotgun this weekend as I’m home alone and it’s not often I get the time just to have a walk out on a Saturday afternoon ?

9 hours ago, Stavross said:

Nice when you get a few, even better when you can put a smile on someone’s face who is greatfull when you drop them something off, I think I’m going to have a walk out myself with the shotgun this weekend as I’m home alone and it’s not often I get the time just to have a walk out on a Saturday afternoon ?

Keeper turned poacher ?

• Like 1