I haven’t put any of my local outings on for a bit now so I thought I’d put this up, had a trip out with longshanx after some dog food for his mates dogs, hares were on the menu this evening as there’s an abundance of them on this land, went old school with the .17 and a lamp, the moon was silly bright but we got what we went for so them dogs will eat well for the next couple of days ?

20CFF9A4-472A-4867-BC30-9D46C56686BC.jpeg

Edited by Stavross
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, David.evans said:

There’s great number where I shoot , but nobody wants them so they get left 

dood shooting tho stav 

atb 

The way the world is going they will be wanting them Dave!

I bet somewhere within a few miles of each of us there is a family that would take a prepped bunny of us! Gladly!!

We have loads around us and I’d happily shoot them if people want them, but I won’t kill them and chuck them in a hedge, when selling to the game dealers changed we stopped shooting as many, when I was down in Lincolnshire last week they had just had an order for 50 from a game dealer and they were paying £5 each, that’s not bad money for a couple of hours out 

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, Sausagedog said:

The way the world is going they will be wanting them Dave!

I bet somewhere within a few miles of each of us there is a family that would take a prepped bunny of us! Gladly!!

And if they are SD , I will gladly shoot - dress - and deliver to anyone who is in need , there’s to many selfish twats on this earth as it is 

how in this day and age I just don’t understand how kids and old folk can go hungry ?

• Like 3

I agree with you Dave, if anyone wants anything I can get for them I’m more than happy to dress it and drop it off to them free of charge, everyone is too disconnected to food now, I think even my missus thinks that chicken is born in plastic, a lot of the older generation that would be really great full when I turned up with a bag full of rabbits or a brace of pheasant are sadly no longer with us, my missus won’t eat anything I bring home ☹️ She doesn’t know what she missing, my venison curry is the stuff of legend ?

Edited by Stavross
  • Like 3
4 hours ago, Stavross said:

I agree with you Dave, if anyone wants anything I can get for them I’m more than happy to dress it and drop it off to them free of charge, everyone is too disconnected to food now, I think even my missus thinks that chicken is born in plastic, a lot of the older generation that would be really great full when I turned up with a bag full of rabbits or a brace of pheasant are sadly no longer with us, my missus won’t eat anything I bring home ☹️ She doesn’t know what she missing, my venison curry is the stuff of legend ?

Same here. My Mrs made me lovely pheasant schnitzel last week, won't eat it though, prefers intensive farmed meat ?