Trappers Tools

Guest Ditch_Shitter

Guest Ditch_Shitter

Seive, mate? That's for when ye want to cover the trap over in soil. Cammo it from the intended visitor. I don't often, let alone always, cover my traps so. But, when I need to? Can't beat having a seive handy. It also helps to keep a box of summer dried earth in a dry place too. No good trying to seive mud over a trap, or frozen earth in the wintery months ;)

Idea of using a seive, of course, is just to make a lighter covering and make sure there's no stones of bits of detritus in there which may find themselves between the jaws when the trap fires. Tiny stone in the lower jaw could mean disaster. As could a lump of earth holding the pan up.

Seive, mate? That's for when ye want to cover the trap over in soil. Cammo it from the intended visitor. I don't often, let alone always, cover my traps so. But, when I need to? Can't beat having a seive handy. It also helps to keep a box of summer dried earth in a dry place too. No good trying to seive mud over a trap, or frozen earth in the wintery months ;)

Idea of using a seive, of course, is just to make a lighter covering and make sure there's no stones of bits of detritus in there which may find themselves between the jaws when the trap fires. Tiny stone in the lower jaw could mean disaster. As could a lump of earth holding the pan up.

Cheers :yes::notworthy:

If I find a couple does anyone want one then... :) :)

Gav,

I would be interested in a few trap setters with names I don't already have stamped on for my museum collection at the right price :thumbs: . The same also goes for rabbit and dingo traps but you'd have to let me know what names/sizes/photos etc before I could tell you if they are traps I need and how much I would be willing to pay.

By the way - for some reason your message facility - PM (personal message) - is disabled so I cannot send you a PM??

OTC

Guest Ditch_Shitter

:good: Nice work, CC! Looks the kiddie too.

Now; Any of you budding Trappers out there? Get f*cking bidding! Get that baby for anything under £25.00 and ye'll have done alright for yeselves. Save messing around with Australia, air mail costs and slipping past Customs, look.

In fact, if I didn't have one myself? Knowing just how bloody good they are, I'd go higher than that. After all, it's a tool ~ quality tool at that. Quality tools don't come cheap. They didn't sell chink crap in those days either. That bugger will have been forged in england and the man who made it will be long since dead. As may you be when who ever takes it on from you is still getting endless use out of it :yes:

They didn't sell chink crap in those days either. That bugger will have been forged in england and the man who made it will be long since dead. As may you be when who ever takes it on from you is still getting endless use out of it

That is so true.

hard to find anything well made these days.

They really don't make em like they used to.

/mad