Dutch Mole trap

I tried to source a French trap  or two, the other day,  CAUET , original mole trap. But,  im not even sure they are still available ? & the website returned my order money,etc ,...(well, there didn't seem to be any direct shipping to UK , anymore , anyway , & I tried to get round it, but failed....maybe Brexit ?),......

1 hour ago, Wolfdog91 said:

Popped up in one of my groups figured somone here would find it interesting 

Screenshot_20220731-154307-917.png.ae82c0e8a0aacc17b7657990873dc10b.pngFB_IMG_1659300146264.jpg.be439bc9a5df4000b2edbc7d037cfefb.jpgFB_IMG_1659300148080.jpg.93f412c1e71509d037b67cc66406a78e.jpgFB_IMG_1659300150436.jpg.1878d6df7fdda14a45389a70b345f6d7.jpg

Looks a monster size,......interestingly the Netherland/Dutch mole (its European, so same type, but whether a sub species, im not sure ?) are LARGER, or have been found to be,  generally , than on the UK mainland, etc, it seems ? 

Horrendous item Brother,...seems more akin to something the Spanish Inquisition might have used, as opposed to a Mole Catching tool.?

Great for a Trap collection,...but it is basically, a modern day recreation of the Victor Harpoon Trap,....a bit unnecessary really...?

Edited by OldPhil
  • Like 2
11 minutes ago, OldPhil said:

Horrendous item Brother,...seems more akin to something the Spanish Inquisition might have used, as opposed to a Mole Catching tool.?

Great for a Trap collection,...but it is basically, a modern day recreation of the Victor Harpoon Trap,....a bit unnecessary really...?

Feb 2011 Moley 001.jpg

Kinda thought that was gonna be the response ?

Edited by Wolfdog91
  • Haha 1
9 minutes ago, OldPhil said:

Feb 2011 Moley 001.jpg

A was thinking what you where, about the design, but wasn't sure , so glad you confirmed ?,.....so your not gonna buy a dozen then, Phil ? ??

6 minutes ago, Wolfdog91 said:

Lol was just talking to a guy that collects bear traps, said his latest was $4300

A recently seen a video of a guy, "Dave Archer" ,....talking about moles, (British guy, it was one of the BPCA, ones, he shows this Trap, f..k sake , a thought it was a "bear Trap " ,...but he claims it was a "man Trap " ?,....you ought to have seen the SIZE of this thing, unbelievable  (I'm too thick to know how to post links from You Tube here)

19 minutes ago, earth-thrower said:

A was thinking what you where, about the design, but wasn't sure , so glad you confirmed ?,.....so your not gonna buy a dozen then, Phil ? ??

Moles & mole catchers , won't be liking the drought,  'darn sarf' ,...I'm sure , mate ?  (always dislike hearing about this type of weather, etc)

Edited by earth-thrower
1 minute ago, W. Katchum said:

Can have them if you take the 4 kids aswell, need all the moles in Britain to keep my kids happy ??

?, ......well, you hear the mole population estimates,  I've  heard from 30 to 40 million, nationally  ? ,....a can't personally see anywhere near that ! ,....but who really knows ? ,....its got to be going down every year  ???,....maybe still in the millions,....but not them figures !