Anyone had them on their dogs pads? Anyone had them removed deep tissue cut out? My bitch has what I believe is one that she has skinned whilst running about. Just wondering before I let the vet rape me...pics to follow, of the corn....?

No expert but that doesn’t look like a fresh wound , had a dog with similar took it vet said that it was some form of bacteria infection that was eating tissue , bit like Alina a foot rot , I’d get some decent antibiotics in to it , clean it up dress it stop rubbish debree getting in  it then in couple days take dressing off let fresh air get to it ,, or better still trip to vets ,

i hate paying vets there scummy money making machines but sometimes a necessary evil 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Elchapo said:

No expert but that doesn’t look like a fresh wound , had a dog with similar took it vet said that it was some form of bacteria infection that was eating tissue , bit like Alina a foot rot , I’d get some decent antibiotics in to it , clean it up dress it stop rubbish debree getting in  it then in couple days take dressing off let fresh air get to it ,, or better still trip to vets ,

i hate paying vets there scummy money making machines but sometimes a necessary evil 

Yep prior to her skinning it last week on beach?(shells I presumed) it looked whitish like a callus slightly lumpy but unbroken . I shall take her to vet just wondered....?

Edited by Borr
4 minutes ago, Borr said:

Yep prior to her skinning it on beach?(shells I presumed) it looked whitish like a callus slightly lumpy but unbroken 

Could be de pigmentation think it’s a form bacteria or some kinda , it’s like a white hard crust dogs get it on nose , could just be a callus , , I’d have trip to vet pièce mind 

• Like 1

My take is we can pay for vet advice (and I do) but you don't have to follow it to £1000s .  i've had success with a topically applied cream that burns into the corn, although these are discrete threads into the foot, white cap on surface, very deep and will crack and start to bleed. I'd like to know someone who had success with surgery before trying that on a corn. From the photo it's a big area so agree with some comments above, may be an injury. Good luck. The main problem I found with these types of injuries is finding a boot that fits and will stay on ?

interesting, doesn't look like a classic corn, no centre, although they don't always. Dis it look like this before?

Corns in dogs; signalment, possible aetiology and response to surgical  treatment - Guilliard - 2010 - Journal of Small Animal Practice - Wiley  Online Library

did it have a centre?  

An alternative might be hyperkeratosis that came away due to the salt water and wear.

TPLOINFO.COM

Concerned about the dry crusts on your dog’s nose or paws? Read our blog to learn if your dog has hyperkeratosis and what you can do to help.

• Like 1