11 wks old and trying to mount leg??!!

Guest Ditch_Shitter

It's a puppy. Puppys do all sorts of things, briefly. If you weren't to hand, it'd be doing it to its litter mates. Don't wory about it and Don't take any white coats advice to have it castrated. They'll use any excuse under the sun to mutilate a healthy Dog these days. PETA has seen to that.

Last thing ye want in that situation is a knee jerk reaction :whistling:

my pit bull terrier used to do it to a bloke i didnt like very much..when the man tried to push him off the dog would snarl and show his teeth..it brought me great satisfaction and th dog a little pleasure..... :clapper: ......i wouldnt worry about the pup he'll grow out of it..... :blink:

Mounting is a sign of dominance that dogs start to exhibit at an early age. They'll try it with their litter mates, furniture and your leg if given the chance. Whilst it isn't an issue if it does it to your other dogs it is an issue if it does it to you (or your family) and you should stop it the moment it starts. By that I don't mean castration or anything like that, more a quick/sharp command of 'no' along with a hard stare and the baring of your teeth! As far as your dog should be concerned you are the pack leader (the alpha male) so put the dog in his place, and get you family to do the same.

A puppy mounting your leg might be funny, but a fully grown dog that has reached the status of alpha male isn't so!

Crow

Edited by Crow
Mounting is a sign of dominance that dogs start to exhibit at an early age. They'll try it with their litter mates, furniture and your leg if given the chance. Whilst it isn't an issue if it does it to your other dogs it is an issue if it does it to you (or your family) and you should stop it the moment it starts. By that I don't mean castration or anything like that, more a quick/sharp command of 'no' along with a hard stare and the baring of your teeth! As far as your dog should be concerned you are the pack leader (the alpha male) so put the dog in his place, and get you family to do the same.

A puppy mounting your leg might be funny, but a fully grown dog that has reached the status of alpha male isn't so!

Crow

I agree with crow,pull him down by grabbing the skin on his cheek,and look into his eyes with some meaning!

My 8wk old terrier has started but only a few thrusts then stops, i just stand up or shake my leg and tell him off, our lurcher bitch is due in season soon so that should be fun not that he can get anywhere near her he's only 6/7 inches shes 19. we had a rottie bitch years ago and she would wrap her self around my legs and bite my legs but i soon put a stop to that with the same method. i think most male pups like to hump legs or anything humpable lol