Not 30min in the trap

• 4 weeks later...

On 24/07/2022 at 11:52, The one said:

Is it worth trapping them any money in there fur ?.

g

Racoons fur in general has been at a all time low fro the last few years honestly. South fur is always pretty bad on price though . We had good color just not the full ess of north fur or the sheen of western. Went to the fur sale for my state this year and my buddy managed to get $6 a pice for the 40somthing he brought. But hats a really really high price for us. Most of the coon where for $1-$3 tops.  He had some of th best put up and fur handling of anyone there so that had something to do with it. A few years ago alot of my friends in the Midwest and up north where averaging $20-25 a pop and some of thos guys where catching up to 50 a day pretty easy so there was money for be made but not too much right now.

For me though I sell the carcasses. I can get anywhere from $10 -$25  for a skinned and dressed carcass during the season. There also selling them alive for guy wanting to train dogs. The big money is in animal damage control work though. I know guys who will go trap a few that are killing chickens tearing up, flower beds , getting into trash, or worse getting into houses .somethings they will make $500 of of catching just one racoon getting into the garbage can because the property owner is terrified if them and they don't care about the price. Then theres the guys who do exclusion work and they can end up making $50,000 on one job. That requires getting animals out then all the damage / feces remove yadda yadda yadda. 

Lotta folks weill also buy the skulls to paint and the like. 

Anyway this girl was tearing up my GF's flowers and her bird feeder so...