Ok, I know there has been talk about these and potentially upgrades.

I know next to nothing, are they any good, what else is comparable/better for a similar price, do they come with gun mounts and where is the best (cheapest) place to get one?

What about battery life, I hear not too long???

Anything else I need to know before investing?

Many thanks!

:thumbs:

1 hour ago, Deker said:

Ok, I know there has been talk about these and potentially upgrades.

I know next to nothing, are they any good, what else is comparable/better for a similar price, do they come with gun mounts and where is the best (cheapest) place to get one?

What about battery life, I hear not too long???

Anything else I need to know before investing?

Many thanks!

:thumbs:

ive been using the 008 with rangefinder built in since they came out.. some people dont like them, personally I think there ace!

bung it on the fac air for rats and rabbits and swap it over to the cf for foxs, battery life is fine as theres stand buy mode.. ill usually get 3 hours out of one they use 18650 batteries that cost about £5 so its cheap enough to have a few..

you can pick a second hand one up for about £400 if you search about.. theres a new one coming out soon, the non lrf is out now but id want the other!

the suppled bracket has been fine on mine and a mates had 3 and never had a problem with any of his either , dont over tighten. 

there are others out for about the same money that work well but the size and weight of the pard is a bonus as most of the others you could beat your quarry to death with. 

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, si brown said:

ive been using the 008 with rangefinder built in since they came out.. some people dont like them, personally I think there ace!

bung it on the fac air for rats and rabbits and swap it over to the cf for foxs, battery life is fine as theres stand buy mode.. ill usually get 3 hours out of one they use 18650 batteries that cost about £5 so its cheap enough to have a few..

you can pick a second hand one up for about £400 if you search about.. theres a new one coming out soon, the non lrf is out now but id want the other!

the suppled bracket has been fine on mine and a mates had 3 and never had a problem with any of his either , dont over tighten. 

there are others out for about the same money that work well but the size and weight of the pard is a bonus as most of the others you could beat your quarry to death with. 

Cheers. :thumbs:

So the electronics/mount is ok with centrefire?!

11 minutes ago, Deker said:

Cheers. :thumbs:

So the electronics/mount is ok with centrefire?!

only ever used mine on my .204 but ive got mates who use them on 223/243 and they never have any problems.. think there rated to .308

• Like 1

The new one is 008s and it has a ballistic calculator built in. 

I had same one as Si. I sold it. I found it to be OK. No better but no worse.  Some people struggle to get crosshairs central on screen, overcome by shimming or an aftermarket adjustable mount. 

• Like 1