good advise there from mat the rat. :yes: i worked for a local company for 18 months, to get experiance and to pass my bpca at warwick uni.

then set up on my own , spent about £500 with killgerm to get the basics, an add in the yellow pages wich cost £1200, but i paid monthly. and just over £500 public liabilty insurance.

good luck TOMO

Yes TOMO seems that i need to get in with a company for a bit. how,s things going with your business? whats your main control work?

Cheers bob

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

depends on the time of year, just latly been doing a few rabbit jobs also got a couple of mole jobs on and a domestic ( mouse) come the spring i tend to get a lot of squirrel work .

i also get a good few rabbit jobs through the summer most of them are back garden jobs , but they pay ok . also wasps and bees are a big part of the summer pesting.

domestic rats and mice can be year round, realy.

depends on the time of year, just latly been doing a few rabbit jobs also got a couple of mole jobs on and a domestic ( mouse) come the spring i tend to get a lot of squirrel work .

i also get a good few rabbit jobs through the summer most of them are back garden jobs , but they pay ok . also wasps and bees are a big part of the summer pesting.

Do you do alot of traveling? What sort of radius do you cover? do you class yourself as urban, semi rural, or rural?

as where im moving to id say it was semi rural. Just wondering what to expect.

By the way has there been an explosion of moles this year, as ive never seen so many mounds. One guy up the shoot shot 11 one morning. :icon_eek: or am i just noticing more as my interest has ten folded.

Cheers bob

Do you do alot of traveling? What sort of radius do you cover? do you class yourself as urban, semi rural, or rural?

as where im moving to id say it was semi rural. Just wondering what to expect.

By the way has there been an explosion of moles this year, as ive never seen so many mounds. One guy up the shoot shot 11 one morning. :icon_eek: or am i just noticing more as my interest has ten folded.

Cheers bob

IM RURAL IN AS MUCH AS I LIVE IN A VILLAGE, BUT OBVIUOSLY SOME OF MY WORK IS IN THE CITY

I LIVE JUST OUT SIDE NOTTINGHAM . ITRY TO DO AS MUCH RURAL PEST WORK AS POSSIBLE BUT OF CORSE I HAVE TO TAKE WORK IN THE CITY AS WELL . THANKFULLY THIS IS GETTING LESS AND LESS.

THIS IS MY 4th YEAR GOING IT ALONE, AND ITS ALSO THE FIRST YEAR I HAVE NOT ADVERTIESED WITH YELLOW PAGES. I HAVE DONE THIS FOR A NUMBER OF REASONS. 1st ITS EXPENCIVE 2nd I AM GETTING LOTS OF REPEAT BUSSINES . 4th I AM GETTING REFERALS . AND LASTLY I WANTED TO SEE WHAT IT WOULD MEAN FIANCIALY NOT TO ADVERTISE WITH YELLOW PAGES , AND SEE WHAT IMPACT IT WOULD HAVE ON MY INCOME.

I KNOW THIS IS A GAMBLE , BUT LIKE I SAY IM GETTING MORE WORK FROM OTHER SOURSES , AND OF COURSE I STILL HAVE MY PART TIME JOB.

AS FOR TRAVLING , I LIKE TO DO AS LITTLE AS POSSIBLE . IF ITS A BIG JOB WITH A BIG INCOME THEN I WOULD TRAVEL .

hi bob

i,m just packing in with pest control after 20 years, i do all rural and all within 20 miles of home, i do about 80 farms for moles and 30 farms for rats and a handful of other stuff , foxes , squirrels and more and more rabbits , i only ever advertised for about a year in the local paper and had flyers up in the local farmers marts, never had to advertise since , all bin done thu word of mouth, hope this helps...moley

hi bob

i,m just packing in with pest control after 20 years, i do all rural and all within 20 miles of home, i do about 80 farms for moles and 30 farms for rats and a handful of other stuff , foxes , squirrels and more and more rabbits , i only ever advertised for about a year in the local paper and had flyers up in the local farmers marts, never had to advertise since , all bin done thu word of mouth, hope this helps...moley

Sounds great mate but why you packing it in ?

Cheers bob

hi bob

Sounds great mate but why you packing it in ?

Cheers bob

moving on to a proper job , rabbit trapper on a moorland estate, regular wage , no chasing up slow payers and no extortionate bills and its what i want to do,got a very keen young lad buying my buisness

moving on to a proper job , rabbit trapper on a moorland estate, regular wage , no chasing up slow payers and no extortionate bills and its what i want to do,got a very keen young lad buying my buisness

Fair play, i can understand completley, personally i think now is a good time to sell up, wont be long and every other person is going to be a pestie, already down here the competition is getting felt, as i said before everyone under cutting prices just to get work.

Good luck and best wishes.

Sounds excellent mate im sure it will work out for you, and glad you sold your business on to the young lad, hopefully hell make it work and get a good living out of it.

Cheers bob