Hugget mod query

Some time ago, I picked up a hugget mod, not sure why or where from but it has never been used by me however I thought it might be ideal for the Wildcat fac but the thread looks to be possibly an M25 external thread.  Does anyone know if it is possible to get another insert to convert to a standard 1/2 unf to fit most guns or even a converter to fit this thread down to 1/2unf.

DSCF3845.JPG.5c988aee302ae5a0fb8cfbe1bc40e46c.JPG1065295587_DSCF3847(2).JPG.164076945db2208f6c73a1260fbaa166.JPGDSCF3846.JPG.52d36c43c048440edddf30ac2c4f2f62.JPG

Phil

• Like 1

4 hours ago, philpot said:

Some time ago, I picked up a hugget mod, not sure why or where from but it has never been used by me however I thought it might be ideal for the Wildcat fac but the thread looks to be possibly an M25 external thread.  Does anyone know if it is possible to get another insert to convert to a standard 1/2 unf to fit most guns or even a converter to fit this thread down to 1/2unf.

DSCF3845.JPG.5c988aee302ae5a0fb8cfbe1bc40e46c.JPG1065295587_DSCF3847(2).JPG.164076945db2208f6c73a1260fbaa166.JPGDSCF3846.JPG.52d36c43c048440edddf30ac2c4f2f62.JPG

Phil

Iv got a hugget on my fx verminator 

Think it screws strait onto the shroud but don't hold me to it 

Mind IMG_20211108_185913.jpg.c49f5b6491f76737b43743bf0565a1dc.jpg

To be honest I did not buy the mod Mitch and have no previous knowledge of Hugget kit, in fact I think it was in a box of bits I picked up at the rfd.  The SAK mod on the Wildcat is not good so I thought that if I can vamp this one, it may be better than the SAK.  There is no model name unless 'THE HUGGET' is the name which is what is shown in the photo.

It doesn't fit the shroud Jimmy as the Wildcat has a 1/2'' unf threaded end cap.  My old Impact has a M20 thread for which I still have an A&M mod sat in the drawer.

I know you and others Mitch don't rate the Donny mods but watching the recent youtube of Ted's Holdover who was saying how good the Donnt Tatsu mod was to the point that he uses them on all his guns and I know he can be flippant but I tend to accept what he says.

BAGNALLANDKIRKWOOD.CO.UK

Tatsu or “Dragon” will be a great addition for shooters who need to take the bark out of their gun yet keep the overall length short. This is a smaller version of the...

Phil

Thanks Jason for the hugget style chart, I need the female 1/2'' flat so need to find out if the threaded end can be swapped which will depend if it is possible to buy an end threaded section.

Phil

1 hour ago, philpot said:

Thanks Jason for the hugget style chart, I need the female 1/2'' flat so need to find out if the threaded end can be swapped which will depend if it is possible to buy an end threaded section.

Phil

This is all I can find on the net just now, from some vids I've seen they can be changed on the fly to swap to different rifles.

• Like 2
On 04/04/2022 at 20:24, philpot said:

I know you and others Mitch don't rate the Donny mods but watching the recent youtube of Ted's Holdover who was saying how good the Donnt Tatsu mod was to the point that he uses them on all his guns and I know he can be flippant but I tend to accept what he says.

BAGNALLANDKIRKWOOD.CO.UK

Tatsu or “Dragon” will be a great addition for shooters who need to take the bark out of their gun yet keep the overall length short. This is a smaller version of the...

Phil

Don’t trust most on you tube , who do you think the get paid by . Don’t forget Americans don’t know much what goes on out side of America and every thing American is best .

3 hours ago, villaman said:

Don’t trust most on you tube , who do you think the get paid by . Don’t forget Americans don’t know much what goes on out side of America and every thing American is best .

Yes fair comment Mitch and I am not going to throw £130 - 200 on a Donny FL despite the hype, I am however curious and would love to try one even if it is only to confirm they are shit. One of the groups on fb also raves on about how good they are but after seeing on youtube 'how good' the new Fat Boy mod is..............aluminium spool, a strip of fine steel mesh taped on the spool with a strip of felt material wrapped around the mesh and again taped on.............................high tech or what and worth the £210 price tag.

It is worth saying that I did a dry fire test of a Donny on an hw110 and it was total garbage compared to the standard HW mod. No idea what Donny it was however.

Phil

Two of my mates had donny’s both of them sent them back . Absolutely awful . Have you tried the Weihrauch one which is only 120 mm long  xlk

couple of my mates have them on wildcat & maverick both FAC guns