Best wormer for raw fed dog?

Hello, I have 7month old dog which I feed on raw meat and tripe, mixed with a good quality dry biscuit and a bit Chopped veg thrown in now and again. He’s seems to be thriving on the diet but I’ve been told or I’ve heard that dogs fed on raw are more likely to have trouble with worms. Is this true? If so I would like to know what is the best wormer on the market to keep the problem under control? I have two young kids at home and really want to minimise the risk of the dog passing anything on to them. Thanks.

10 hours ago, Gilbey said:

Should get into the habit of worming them whatever they are fed? Milbemax/Milprazon from the vets mine get

Yes of course would treat for worms whatever the diet, and he’s fully up to date with wormer from birth, but not sure the brand I’ve been using is the best. (Beaphar)? Will be changing brand for his next treatment so just wanting to know what people find the most effective to use as I hear raw feeding can be more problematic with worms. 

Edited by Diggerman Dan
  • Like 1