Coursing

:thumbs: Snoops. Too many folk treat dog as some disposible tool that can just use and abuse then throw away and get another when they are wrecked, not only that they think it's funny to see a dog fail like that. Folk like that should'nt be allow to have anything to do with dogwork.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Snoop, I would give my lamping partner my honest opinion and would expect him to do the same :thumbs:
what do you mean joe ....???what iam saying ive seen people laughing and thinking its funny because a dog jacks ...would you laugh at your mate joe if his dog threw the towel in after all the work he had put in and the high exspectations he had off the dog .....i think not joe ....off course you would tell them what you though but it aint a laughing matter .....if somebody laughed at me if my dog jacked in front of them ..i would knock them on there arse .....and i know my mates wouldnt laugh because if they did they arnt mates inmo :victory:
Snoop, if someone laughs when another mans dog jacks I dont think he would be classed as a friend.
thats all iwas was saying .......if the dog jacks because off its owner ...like i said because he dosent know the dogs limits ..or run it to hard when it was young ect ect ect then its his fault and he desevers some stick ..like i said ive done it myself and i was lucky the dog didnt have a jack in it ....but you learn by your mistakes hey ... :thumbs:
Guest Top Chalker

"Jacking" it only really matters to coursing dogs , and its been made into such a big deal bye the matching men !

ie ... you cant bet on a dog that might pull up , many hares are killed after 3/4 minutes and you need to no your dog will stick to the end , you couldnt bet on one that might pull up !

I have coursing dogs and if one jacked , that would be it , harsh yes but if your giving your dog %100 and it just gives up , how could you give it %100 again knowing it will stash , and once they done it , it will do it again ........and if your not giving the dog %100 whats the point of having it ??????????

I also have a lamp dog , which gets the same training as my coursing dogs , and i expect him to give %100 , but if he pulled up on a night out it wouldnt bother me at all , i would just rest him and back to buisness .....

Some mooching typs pic and choose what they run , my mates dog wont run some hares if they are two far away , and pulls up after a minute , but i dont no of any dog that has killed as much gear as this one.....

Snoop dont tempt fate mate :doh:

heard this was on another site :whistling: .......these things happen to all breeds of dogs ....now some folks will be automaticly think ...iam sticking up for the dog ....because its saluki ,...but iam not ..ive seen dogs jack on numours occasions on all types off quarry ....but it isnt always the dogs fault or the breeding ....its mostly down to the owner ..not always but somtimes .....and there a few reasons for this .....before i go on i dont think its funny about any dog jacking no matter what the breeding or type ...anybody who has had a dog jack while i was with them i would be gutted for them it cant be a nice thing to have ....and you people who have just watched this and thought it was funny your fooking nob heads .....anyway somtimes a dog pulls up jacks stashers whatever you want to call ..it could be because it wasnt fit or its got an injury that you havent spotted ..ect ect ect ......if it has none of these reasons and its just jacked because of lack of heart ..then never breed from it and do whats best for the dog ........all the best snoop ... :thumbs:

An honest opinion ,and one I agree with.Inan.

Maybe you should get a gun and leave the dogs to folk that are committed to them.

They ain't machine neither are we, hope for your sake your boss is a little more forgiven if ever you put in a bad days work.

There could be any number of reasons it jacked yet you would kill/abandon it without a second thought? Real tough dogman you must be the real deal, makes me :censored: sick.

:thumbs: Snoops. Too many folk treat dog as some disposible tool that can just use and abuse then throw away and get another when they are wrecked, not only that they think it's funny to see a dog fail like that. Folk like that should'nt be allow to have anything to do with dogwork.

Spot on Meerihunter :thumbs:

Maybe its just me but i have the utmost respect for ALL dogs that run,course,dig,bush etc... anyone that would run there dogs to the limit sorry over there limit would take out the gun... i just cant under stand this. i play rugby and im lucky enough to be fit but if i was after playing three matches(80 minute matches) in a row i would hope my coach wouldnt shoot me for collapsing with exhaustion. i agree with snoop so fook ye that treat yer dogs like dirt or shooting targets :censored::censored::censored: jmo

The truth of it is NOBODY knows but the guys who were there on the day why that dog JACKED. Any person who runs a dog to exhaustion then gives it another run doesnt deserve dogs. If the dog was injured or ill before it was took out again the person doesnt deserve dogs. IF the dog has JACKED because of lack of prey drive, what is the use of keeping that dog to do the job it was bred for?

Unfortunately there have always been those people who seem to think that trying to make a dog jack proves just how game it is. I have heard people say with pride that their dog was pissing blood and could hardly stand yet still it didn't jack! Words fail me when I hear stuff like that! :censored::censored: those people don't deserve to own a dog let alone run one.