Another lovely morning ?

18 hours ago, Greyman said:

Sorry for the delay mate not being rude, yes I have watched him and a multitude of others so I can’t remember him particularly, the main difference with me and most of the YouTube blogger types is they are what is known as continues cruiser (also known among boaters as hedge pissers) so they don’t have a permanent mooring anywhere they just keep moving which is what I will possibly end up doing further down the road, if you don’t have a permanent mooring and just moor up on the canal bank you have to move every fortnight and in some busy areas they set a minimum distance we’re as in more rural areas you can move a 100 yards and stop again, if they have a vehicle they normally use a push bike and leap frog the car along with the boat unless they just park up on a relatives drive and train back if they need it, by having a birth in a marina I get plug in electric hook up, waste disposal, laundry facility’s, toilets and showers, a shop and secure parking but I don’t get to see as much as they do and mostly travel up and down the same lengths of canal and river for a weekend,week or what ever but as I still have family that need looking after and work being a bit more stationary suites me at the moment, ??

Ahhh ok yes as i remember that geezer had literally sold up,packed up and f****d off so was constantly on the move.......what you're doing makes sense to me if you can keep your spot while travelling about in the summer months and use it like a base i suppose you cover all scenarios....glad to hear its all working out anyway :thumbs: 

• Like 1

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

3 degrees and stunning ?

I have a permanent birth in a marina, but can come and go as and when, I can stay out for months at a time if I want, I gave myself a year in the marina to get all the things sorted on the boat that n

Anyways back to another day in paradise, first Smokie chimney on the left is me, just on my way to work ??

Posted Images