Only one

Arry

Well my mate could not get out today so I set off to a wood to do a few burrows I knew I could do solo. Set off up this big hill and as I neared the wood I stopped to taking in the view and some air, could be altitude sickness or more probably just getting old lol. Still stunning place can see for miles.

IMG_4510.JPG.7aeee93fb414c3a8534b30c77f0746f9.JPG

IMG_4514.JPG.079010a0ce8d2562eee60dab0b9370c1.JPG

Nearly there the wood is in view.

IMG_4515.JPG.c302892f2578bd40adca7706bd9b299a.JPG

Inside it's a steep old wood not much cover just leaves. I know just about all the burrows so its just a matter of finding one thats open and not blocked with the leaf litter. So tilled up a few blanked and another blank beginning to think I'm going home empty handed.

Continued.

• Like 6

Went lower down in the woods.

IMG_4520.JPG.2c7b16e640a8a433989dc25fbdbd0364.JPG

Theres a nice 15 hole burrow I've had a few out in the past and sure enough saved the day. Tilled up entered the smallest of my ferrets and after 3 or four minutes a lovely rattle and its out.

IMG_4521.JPG.1bab79ef2c2f0be0dd0d8705408efc97.JPG

Well not much but I have to say it was a beautiful day and nice just walking around with only the rustle of the leaves as I walk through the woods. Just making my way up through to get out and came on a nice group of Wood Blewits and had a bag in my pocket so little bonus there.

IMG_4517.JPG.bbd97da4c0a456dcf87e6ea571b7b0fb.JPG

One of them days that reminded me of days with my first ever ferret I would walk miles to find burrows I could handle by my self. Well I enjoyed being out I suppose that the main thing.

Cheers Arry

• Like 5
36 minutes ago, Allan P said:

Nice one Arry, Rabbit and mushroom pie tonight?

Maybe mate. Thats the wood on top of the hill opposite side of the valley where you came out in the other woods mate.

Cheers Arry

• Like 1