vitara problem

Just noticed both front footwells are soaked. I can see droplets of water running down the inside of the wings where the fuse box is. I've had the widscreen trim off and sealed all round the outside of the windscreen with stikaflex but its still coming in. Is this a common fault? Any idea where it could be coming in from?

steve.

not seen it on mine, when ive had this sort problem with past motors, easiest way to find out,

take out carpets, get upside down on seat, head in foot area,

get other half/mate to use a hose, spraying all area outside car,

look for where its coming in

could be missing electrical grommets ??

Radio aerial leaks but one side only of course. Blocked rain drains on the heater box can cause it to overflow,both sides. You could also have(depending how old really) rot holes caused by mud trapped high on the inner wings. The head under,with a torch,and a mate with a gentle hosepipe is the best method as stubby says.

I was on moter way with mine it was pissing down doing about 90 my imobilser kicked in no power totally died.. the water had forced its way in some how and drowned my electrics in drivers side near all the fuses watch out that was a proper c**t like.. was over a hundread miles from home..

mabie common fault on them??

just a thought, Heater matrix? is it overheting?

Regards

Aaron

taste the water lol if its sweet you got a heater matrix problem

if you find a red and blue pill in the front, then you just have a matrix problem :whistling:

Right where do I start?! On friday after work I decided to take the interiour out and get the soaking smelly carpet out. After doing this I hung the carpet up to dry then started getting rid of the water in the footwells. I noticed some of the sound proofing had started to lift so I started to poke at it with a screwdriver........ BIG MISTAKE! :cry: I've only just bought the vitara but it must have been leaking for years, why the guy who owned it before me never got it sorted I dont know. Anyway, I carried on poking around and then found rotten parts in the passenger and 1 rear footwell. After cutting and welding the plates in, looked at my watch and it was 3AM :icon_eek:

SATURDAY: Took windscreen out to reveal holes along the top edge. Leak found at last!!! scraped of the bonding, sealed holes and replaced windscreen with stikaflex. CRACKED IT PUTTING IT IN :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

Does anyone know where I can order a new windscreen outer trim and the rubber jobbie that goes round the inside?

Steve.