Diaz v Lawler

I used to watch the UFC a lot years ago and I always enjoyed both of these fighters. I found Nick Diaz in particular a fascinating character in and out of the ring . And love him or hate him , he never took a backward step and always gave it 100% . 
             When I heard he was returning after a 6 year lay off , I thought why ? It had to be for money . Lawler was in good shape and it was a different Diaz that turned up ( no middle finger ). Lawler I thought showed real class in his pre fight and post fight interviews, and has showed himself to be a humble and true sportsman. I hope that Diaz calls it a day now , I won’t watch anymore of his fights, i prefer to remember him as he used to be . 

• Like 3

Diaz had no business in the cage,at least Lawler looked in shape,looked game

Diaz looked a shell of himself,and it was obvious from the opener he would rather be elsewhere 

First time in a while ive seen the UFC entertain anything stupid like that,they're usually spot on with their fights & matchmaking 

• Like 5

Both Diaz brothers are /were the real deal

Nothing worse than watching fighters who’ve had their day and should have walked away

both nick and Nate are seriously high level bjj and it was always apparent

i hope they stick to bjj or triathlons as is their passion

24 minutes ago, tilimangro said:

Both Diaz brothers are /were the real deal

Nothing worse than watching fighters who’ve had their day and should have walked away

both nick and Nate are seriously high level bjj and it was always apparent

i hope they stick to bjj or triathlons as is their passion

Couldn’t agree more ?

• Like 1
On 27/09/2021 at 10:35, shovel leaner said:

I used to watch the UFC a lot years ago and I always enjoyed both of these fighters. I found Nick Diaz in particular a fascinating character in and out of the ring . And love him or hate him , he never took a backward step and always gave it 100% . 
             When I heard he was returning after a 6 year lay off , I thought why ? It had to be for money . Lawler was in good shape and it was a different Diaz that turned up ( no middle finger ). Lawler I thought showed real class in his pre fight and post fight interviews, and has showed himself to be a humble and true sportsman. I hope that Diaz calls it a day now , I won’t watch anymore of his fights, i prefer to remember him as he used to be . 

I hear Diaz has been serving an apprenticeship in knife making under the watchful eye of Socks

• Haha 1