Bloody typical!!

What a difference a week or so makes . I’ve got a couple of chaps coming down for an evening and morning stalk on the bucks . They are booked in to a hotel, and things were looking good , I had bucks charging around chasing does . Then the weather changed , the temperature has dropped and you wouldn’t think there was a deer on the place . And this morning it had a real autumn feel , so much so I managed to pick some mushrooms. I just hope the Buttalo call works. 

0DEC77ED-49F4-43FE-BA2F-F5FC70F5693F.jpeg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, FOXHUNTER said:

How did you get on?

Not good . We were after six pointers. Managed one 4 pointer . They started the evening stalk and promptly got soaked to the skin . I put one in a high seat that overlooks the territory of a nice buck . He watched a small Spiker walk across, stop and look towards where I said the buck would be . The buck burst out of the hedge and chased the Spiker off and back through the hedge , not to be seen again . 
              I wizzed around in the mule with the other chap and quickly spotted a buck , I knew it was only a four pointer, but it was a mature buck that looked like it was going back , so he took it . We then went and looked for a nice six pointer that I’d been seeing up until a day or so ago . It was in a wheat field that hasn’t yet been harvested. We pushed through the hedge so the wind was in our faces, only to see the buck slip into the hedge on the opposite side of the field. We tried the Buttalo and Hubertus , but it wasn’t interested. The last spin of the dice was a twenty acre field that has loads of deer in . We went and sat out for last light . Some fallow came out and so did a roe doe and a youngster, I know there is a six pointer in this field as I’d seen it through the thermal while foxing , but it’s hard to tell the quality of an animal with thermal. But beggars can’t be choosers. As we were waiting, all hell broke loose as a jeep Cherokee drove straight into the field and started to head straight to the fallow. I turned the lights on the mule and chased after them , they realised what was happening and headed straight out again . In hindsight I should of got my phone out and filmed it , but I didn’t , I just wanted to protect the deer . I got their number and phoned the old Bill and put it on the Rural crime stoppers WhatsApp group I’m in , but that basically knocked up our chances. This morning was a wash out and any deer with any sense were keeping there heads down .

D6DED0A1-6B79-4574-9A81-EA46B19BA160.jpeg

• Like 3

Been pouring down all day a lot of the roads are flooded up to a foot deep better staying away from the farm just now they will only be pulling there hair out about the harvest now 

3 hours ago, shovel leaner said:

Not good . We were after six pointers. Managed one 4 pointer . They started the evening stalk and promptly got soaked to the skin . I put one in a high seat that overlooks the territory of a nice buck . He watched a small Spiker walk across, stop and look towards where I said the buck would be . The buck burst out of the hedge and chased the Spiker off and back through the hedge , not to be seen again . 
              I wizzed around in the mule with the other chap and quickly spotted a buck , I knew it was only a four pointer, but it was a mature buck that looked like it was going back , so he took it . We then went and looked for a nice six pointer that I’d been seeing up until a day or so ago . It was in a wheat field that hasn’t yet been harvested. We pushed through the hedge so the wind was in our faces, only to see the buck slip into the hedge on the opposite side of the field. We tried the Buttalo and Hubertus , but it wasn’t interested. The last spin of the dice was a twenty acre field that has loads of deer in . We went and sat out for last light . Some fallow came out and so did a roe doe and a youngster, I know there is a six pointer in this field as I’d seen it through the thermal while foxing , but it’s hard to tell the quality of an animal with thermal. But beggars can’t be choosers. As we were waiting, all hell broke loose as a jeep Cherokee drove straight into the field and started to head straight to the fallow. I turned the lights on the mule and chased after them , they realised what was happening and headed straight out again . In hindsight I should of got my phone out and filmed it , but I didn’t , I just wanted to protect the deer . I got their number and phoned the old Bill and put it on the Rural crime stoppers WhatsApp group I’m in , but that basically knocked up our chances. This morning was a wash out and any deer with any sense were keeping there heads down .

D6DED0A1-6B79-4574-9A81-EA46B19BA160.jpeg

We don’t get much trouble that I’m aware of . But this field has easy access, unlike the rest of the shoot which doesn’t. 

• Like 1