Car Restoration

Sadly mate us brits are only slowly realising the value of old cars, restoring cars in the uk has always been a labour of love as the restoration costs far more than the resale value in most cases unlike your side of the pond we’re people can make a good living doing it, cheers ?

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Greyman said:

Sadly mate us brits are only slowly realising the value of old cars, restoring cars in the uk has always been a labour of love as the restoration costs far more than the resale value in most cases unlike your side of the pond we’re people can make a good living doing it, cheers ?

Bit like my tractor I’m restoring. Never going to earn money. But won’t lose money? So better then money on the bank? 

• Like 2
22 minutes ago, Gypsydog94 said:

Bit like my tractor I’m restoring. Never going to earn money. But won’t lose money? So better then money on the bank? 

Only loose money if you sell,that's my idea on it.that property crash in 1990s,every one shit themselves and sold at at a loss,I managed to keep my house,went up,and up after that.fuking tractors have rocketed recently,the mf 135 are crazy.im looking for one with a topper, bloody impossible task.

1 minute ago, Qbgrey said:

Only loose money if you sell,that's my idea on it.that property crash in 1990s,every one shit themselves and sold at at a loss,I managed to keep my house,went up,and up after that.fuking tractors have rocketed recently,the mf 135 are crazy.im looking for one with a topper, bloody impossible task.

I got a David brown 990. Paid £1500 for it 6 year ago probs worth £4000 now with the work I have done. Look at db mate cheaper then Massey and will rip the ass end out of them ?

• Like 1

Yup looked at lovely dB 990 selectomatic,took an old boy who's nuts on tractors with me,he said the pto in high was grinding,was clean tho,sold for 2800 in the end.so I'm still looking,farmers would rather let them rot in a field than sell them to be restored.

Just now, Qbgrey said:

Yup looked at lovely dB 990 selectomatic,took an old boy who's nuts on tractors with me,he said the pto in high was grinding,was clean tho,sold for 2800 in the end.so I'm still looking,farmers would rather let them rot in a field than sell them to be restored.

Would of kept going just seen a lot of work I expect. Parts are easy to get and not that expensive. Yeah I know what it is like my grandad is the same ?

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Qbgrey said:

Got a 1947 chevy 3100 Stepaside here in my garage.been my favorite motor since a kid.and a few others hope they go up in value rather than down.

Sorry can’t find any more pics but my mate just paid 35k for this minter ?

C6CCC58F-68C6-47A1-B520-91FC9199E9A9.jpeg