sheep no prob, how it should be .

though the lurchers are sound with sheep, I always like to  let them chill with them    every other month, they both been round stock since they were 9 weeks old, Buck brill, I've had lambs before follow him around lol, and yet flick of switch in his head  he full on to his quarry, few years ago he went flat out after a fox, that was hanging about  watching the young lambs, that's how you want any lurchers, old Bryn the same, but not little woody, carnt trust him with any stock, he twat with horses never feckin sheep lol, he was rescue dog before my son had him then me, we think he about 11, he won't change not the prat lol

IMG_20210619_100456.jpg

IMG_20210619_100458.jpg

IMG_20210619_100511.jpg

IMG_20210619_101209.jpg

• Like 6

I think there’s a big difference between stock broken and being comfortable with sheep , some dogs just avoid sheep and stop if sheep are in the way , here dogs have to be happy enough to move through them and keep going while there’s sheep running about , seen my young bitch jump over a sheep before now 

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, Wales1234 said:

I think there’s a big difference between stock broken and being comfortable with sheep , some dogs just avoid sheep and stop if sheep are in the way , here dogs have to be happy enough to move through them and keep going while there’s sheep running about , seen my young bitch jump over a sheep before now 

thats true , how you hunt where your dogs are good distance away, there got to be 100% deff,  ive had Buck in the next field from me that near 2 fields away come back through sheep when lamping, when he was younger . if i ever get another lurcher pup i do the same keep showing the stock  , never hurts to refresh them even when older i reckon .

• Like 2

I stock break mine but I still try to avoid them.. Get the stock breaking done in case they hunt up and end up in a field with sheep or horses. There's alot of horse stud farms round here and if for some reason your dogs starts playing up it could be a 250k horse it's freaking out in the field so always try make them bomb proof. 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, bird said:

thats true , how you hunt where your dogs are good distance away, there got to be 100% deff,  ive had Buck in the next field from me that near 2 fields away come back through sheep when lamping, when he was younger . if i ever get another lurcher pup i do the same keep showing the stock  , never hurts to refresh them even when older i reckon .

There’s a that and if there scared not to go near sheep you’d miss a hell of a lot cause the dogs stopping when they see the sheep , i do a lot in the ferns early season sheep moving and the dogs can’t see so got get there heads up check what’s moved and carry on