Early mole trap, type, in use

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is a double one, just made the one to try, put it in the other day and caught a single mole, the other side never went off so will catch double, I will be just making a few double catch and a lot

Easy to check these 

Thanks Phil but im no brain box, im thick as shit, just practical.

Posted Images

1 minute ago, earth-thrower said:

Here's the way spring is normally fitted on wood barrel,...& photo below that is one where spring fitted down the barrel a bit,...off that hole line

IMG_20210508_154133.jpg

20210522_200749.jpg

Cause as ave said, think fixing spring along hole line contributes to this happening, eventually  ? 

20210620_132418.jpg

If I was you I would set them round 30 mm that way the spring can be wired in in 2 positions on each side and the curve in the spring will even out a bit on tension on the wooden pipe, just my personal opinion, let me know what you think and I can get these finished. There is some power in these springs  ?

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, lifelong cumbrian said:

If I was you I would set them round 30 mm that way the spring can be wired in in 2 positions on each side and the curve in the spring will even out a bit on tension on the wooden pipe, just my personal opinion, let me know what you think and I can get these finished. There is some power in these springs  ?

Yes, what your proposing sounds good,..please go ahead, mate?

• Like 1

Put a couple of the pipe traps in a barley field yesterday, normally I would just use a taplpex in crumbly soft soil. I am working on trying to find the best length to make these so I opted to try them. Was a bit harder to set with having to plug the ends a little, I just used a bit of sod. Anyway got them in and had them today,  caught nicely as well, there is a lot of power in these springs.

BEBC398D-4716-4ACC-90E8-59392F1EF1DD.jpeg

729EF94D-1F15-4362-9BB3-94AC75BA87F9.jpeg

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...