Family Road trip...

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As the other thread.. we done a lads trip to Looe for 2 nights, my dads 70th treat. Shark fishing, nice food, few beers and sunshine...it was brilliant . Dad, bro, fin and me....need more of

With my older 3 I was dealing with this........ With my youngest I’m dealing with this !........thanks autism, you’re a legend ! Lol 

?? Probably the only place I'd move to mate, love the west coast of Ireland...I have discussed it a few times with me Mrs...its not a no...but a not yet...lol Our anniversary today, so we bo

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, sid g said:

the turkey dogs lookin well ?

Took the dogs up the yard a couple of hours ago and fergie nailed a squirrel, its in with the ferrets now ...didn't mention it to the Mrs dont want to spoil the mood...lol

Lovely thread this one its always nice to see the different generations getting together with common hobbies,traditions passed down etc....fair play NewKid you seem a good chap,and you have a kind face which always helps ?....though i must say id be creeping up on that lad of yours with a pair of scissors !.......nice looking pictures and nice looking family good for you.....i feel a tinge of jealousy in all honesty ?

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
On 13/06/2021 at 21:05, socks said:

I heard all the wives had a weekend away as well … looking at old furniture apparently… some chippendales or some such 

51335917-94D2-47F5-B464-0ABEFD34EE6D.jpeg

On a topic about genuine male bonding thats the first thing that came into your head is it ?.......noofter ?

• Haha 1
On 15/06/2021 at 12:11, Tyla said:

Whatever made you want to go to Brighton???? I live by there and only sneak in at first light a couple times a year to launch the kayak. The rest of the time I avoid it like the plague 

Its a tricky one with Brighton theres a lovely fish restaurant smack bang in the middle of the pier and a nice pub setting right up on the harbour........but the risk of getting seen by someone you know makes for a real conundrum.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Haha 3
On 15/06/2021 at 19:26, sid g said:

i  was close to doing a deal on this last year but hey ho  things change

..199678872_1510789169091678_6491610240993237781_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=3wh8rBAC61YAX-7-yFO&_nc_ht=scontent.ffab1-2.fna&tp=6&oh=a4f03496236640f66c824e7a201225c3&oe=60CE3BCE201754260_1510789572424971_6497223332660953057_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=gHkjmgs7K1EAX-HuKIH&_nc_ht=scontent.ffab1-2.fna&tp=6&oh=ed95eadf934fb5f0720c779a06fb19a0&oe=60CEB32F

Its a terrible time to be buying them sort of gaffs at the moment mate especially if you have renovation in mind....unless you're sending your own builders out Greeks wont lift a finger this time of year they all creep off and become waiters in the summer ? ( normal summers anyway )....it all just becomes a chicken and egg situation.

I had a decent place in Cyprus but just wasnt using it enough so sold it and got somewhere smaller,now because of all this Covid caper we cant use it anyway and have ended up doing a long term rental.....to a Cypriot !!

Funny old buildings traditional Greek gaffs they're like big block Lego sets !

16 hours ago, sid g said:

we were going to do most of it , i was ready to sign up last year then could`nt  get over to do the paper work due to covid then i had a health issue that put an end to it , its looking like more uk holidays with a couple of long greek ones ,,, i know what you me my mates got a little bar one year we went out in may he`d built all new frame work and was havin it measured up for roof covering for the outdoor seating we went back in the sept and it still was`nt done he went back to italy for the winter and got photos in nov saying it was done .. 

We've done a few Greek places they are funny with their planning they want modern buildings but with old materials English lads are just not used to handling....and like i say trying to get Greeks/Cypriots to do it you might as well ask the mrs !!

This was one we did 6/7 years ago......then the little development we bought as an olive field,got the framework done in 2019 and still looks exactly the same today ?.......i think England are just about the only country round the world that are building flat out.....but then i suppose we do have a lot more new people to house :whistling:

IMG_9009.jpg

IMG_9012.jpg

IMG_9010.jpg

• Like 3
20 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

Lovely thread this one its always nice to see the different generations getting together with common hobbies,traditions passed down etc....fair play NewKid you seem a good chap,and you have a kind face which always helps ?....though i must say id be creeping up on that lad of yours with a pair of scissors !.......nice looking pictures and nice looking family good for you.....i feel a tinge of jealousy in all honesty ?

Thank you for the kind words mate..

A kind face!! Thats a first but ill take it cheers, lol...

As for my lads hair, he's a "surf dude" its the look... hes off to the pictures with his mate and 2 birds tonight, it seems to be working judging by his ever buzzing phone!! Lol... oh to be young again!!

Mind you the old man done it first...back in the 90s lol...

Screenshot_20210617-234054_WhatsApp.jpg.42b2c6c183c59183bda9b59093c096f6.jpg

• Like 2
20 hours ago, sid g said:

we were going to do most of it , i was ready to sign up last year then could`nt  get over to do the paper work due to covid then i had a health issue that put an end to it , its looking like more uk holidays with a couple of long greek ones ,,, i know what you me my mates got a little bar one year we went out in may he`d built all new frame work and was havin it measured up for roof covering for the outdoor seating we went back in the sept and it still was`nt done he went back to italy for the winter and got photos in nov saying it was done .. 

3 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

We've done a few Greek places they are funny with their planning they want modern buildings but with old materials English lads are just not used to handling....and like i say trying to get Greeks/Cypriots to do it you might as well ask the mrs !!

This was one we did 6/7 years ago......then the little development we bought as an olive field,got the framework done in 2019 and still looks exactly the same today ?.......i think England are just about the only country round the world that are building flat out.....but then i suppose we do have a lot more new people to house :whistling:

IMG_9009.jpg

IMG_9012.jpg

IMG_9010.jpg

My old man's got a couple of apartments in Elounda, Crete.. cracking little fishing village... the bloke 2 places down built an extension off the back of his restaurant right up and touching my Dads, there is a big roof terrace and half the view is blocked now... the old man pulled him and it was pretty much there is no law here stopping us you're not in England...

From what ive seen Greek planning permission really is quite sensible they dont want you molesting the landscape on new builds everything has to " fit in "....but on small scale extensions,boundaries and suchlike are pretty much done on a handshake.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

From what ive seen Greek planning permission really is quite sensible they dont want you molesting the landscape on new builds everything has to " fit in "....but on small scale extensions,boundaries and suchlike are pretty much done on a handshake.

He left it in September and went back in May and there it was...no handshake or even a heads up...the blokes a nob, my old man has calmed a fair bit now but matey understood full well all of the English.. lol

Its a tough one though as there is not much you can do as a seasonal tourist/house owner and you don't want to piss off all the locals and ruin what you have.. burning it down wouldn't be good as I tried to explain!! Lol

Edited by NEWKID