25 minutes ago, Ken's Deputy said:

Fingers crossed, King.

Let us know, mate.

A tablet to ease the stomach pains and away. wait till Wednesday for the appointment. scans blood tests etc mate..

On 25/04/2021 at 19:02, king said:

That's tragic mate.the more I read about them on the internet the more scary they are I've never read or realised how dangerous they can be..

Has your wife had them when she's been taking blood thinners..

My Mrs had the injections first into the stomach .think that was about 1 weeks worth. Then about 6 months of blood thinners .then a break off them and see how u get on.my Mrs had a big clot removed from behind her knee , since then ,touch wood. She has been ok .

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Foxpack 2 said:

My Mrs had the injections first into the stomach .think that was about 1 weeks worth. Then about 6 months of blood thinners .then a break off them and see how u get on.my Mrs had a big clot removed from behind her knee , since then ,touch wood. She has been ok .

Yes that's what the wife has got is injections into the stomach.

Glad your wife hasn't had any since mate.

7 hours ago, king said:

Yes that's what the wife has got is injections into the stomach.

Glad your wife hasn't had any since mate.

All will work out mate ,the stomach injections get to work sharpish and do the job,hopefully your Mrs feels better in couple of days. Plus women are a stronger model than us ?

49 minutes ago, Foxpack 2 said:

All will work out mate ,the stomach injections get to work sharpish and do the job,hopefully your Mrs feels better in couple of days. Plus women are a stronger model than us ?

They definitely work mate..best not tell them they are stronger than us though ?

pretty shit that you have to wait till tomorrow.....you would have thought they would have her straight in.....im sure its quite a serious thing dvt  ...

hoping all goes well for her tomorrow mate  

• Thanks 1
On 25/04/2021 at 13:20, king said:

The wife's calf and back of the knee were in agony the last 2 days. She couldn't even put her foot on the floor.

Doctor in the hospital said it's a blood clot and give us 4 syringes to inject the wife daily untill an appointment on Wednesday in hospital.to do a scan and some blood tests etc..

Have any of you got any experience with DVT in either you or the missus.

Are they a reacuring thing or years apart etc...

I set up and ran an ambulatory care clinic for a number of years, saw an average of 4 ? DVTs a day along with all the other walking wounded, chest pains, head aches etc, get the Ultrasound to check if it is or isn't a clot, lots of other things cause similar symptoms such as bakers cysts, O/A phlebitis etc.

if its a clot consider the possible causes.

1, If under 40 get tested for clotting disorders.

2. Get prescribed compression stockings and wear for 2 years.

3. Elevate leg at rest along with regular gentle exercise, ie walking and build up as swelling goes down.

3. If positive give me a pm and I'll give more info as to minimising longer term problems etc.

38 minutes ago, TOMO said:

pretty shit that you have to wait till tomorrow.....you would have thought they would have her straight in.....im sure its quite a serious thing dvt  ...

hoping all goes well for her tomorrow mate  

She said the pain and leg swelling has gone right down now mate maybe them the injection's have worked.she still feels a bit off though..the hospital doctor said because it's a Saturday they can't do much apart from injection's..poor show down there mate .

Just now, king said:

She said the pain and leg swelling has gone right down now mate maybe them the injection's have worked.she still feels a bit off though..the hospital doctor said because it's a Saturday they can't do much apart from injection's..poor show down there mate .

f**k me....dont get ill on a saturday ....you couldnt make that up...agreed thats a poor show...good that the swelling has gone down.....all the best 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, sandymere said:

I set up and ran an ambulatory care clinic for a number of years, saw an average of 4 ? DVTs a day along with all the other walking wounded, chest pains, head aches etc, get the Ultrasound to check if it is or isn't a clot, lots of other things cause similar symptoms such as bakers cysts, O/A phlebitis etc.

if its a clot consider the possible causes.

1, If under 40 get tested for clotting disorders.

2. Get prescribed compression stockings and wear for 2 years.

3. Elevate leg at rest along with regular gentle exercise, ie walking and build up as swelling goes down.

3. If positive give me a pm and I'll give more info as to minimising longer term problems etc.

She has an appointment tomorrow morning mate.for tests and no doubt a scan.but it seems to have eased a lot maybe moved.she is on medication that blood clots are a high risk side effect..and her gran suffered with them for years..

We are thinking when they scan her now they won't find 1 so won't be registered as a blood clot..

2 minutes ago, king said:

She has an appointment tomorrow morning mate.for tests and no doubt a scan.but it seems to have eased a lot maybe moved.she is on medication that blood clots are a high risk side effect..and her gran suffered with them for years..

We are thinking when they scan her now they won't find 1 so won't be registered as a blood clot..

The injections are anticoagulation meds, they slow the formation of clots rather than break them down, the bodies breaks the clots down once they meds have slowed the formation but it takes time, bit like a bruise it takes weeks rather than days to break down so if there is a clot it will still be there when they scan. ?

5 minutes ago, sandymere said:

The injections are anticoagulation meds, they slow the formation of clots rather than break them down, the bodies breaks the clots down once they meds have slowed the formation but it takes time, bit like a bruise it takes weeks rather than days to break down so if there is a clot it will still be there when they scan. ?

Right got you mate..would the injections make the clot feel less painfull etc.she is still being sick now and again.

40 minutes ago, king said:

Right got you mate..would the injections make the clot feel less painfull etc.she is still being sick now and again.

If it is a DVT as the body begins to break the clot down it will become less painful yes? .

The vein will become less painful at the site of the clot as it gets smaller and the swelling in the lower leg will go down as the blood  finds it easier to get past it.

The blood gets into the leg via the arteries and out via the veins so as the exit is reduced, the popliteal vein behind the knee is the main exit, the backlog causes swelling and pain to the lower leg, hence elevate leg at rest to allow gravity to aid in getting blood out via smaller veins etc. There are one way valves in the veins that help with the muscle pump to push blood up into the body when walking hence gentle mobility ie walking.

Get the scan and see as its all academic if its not a clot?

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Wideboy said:

I take it the injection is called Enoxaparin? If so they are an anticoagulant. This with prevent the formation of blood clots. This does not help with pain, as the clot disperses the pain will ease.

When they collected blood samples they would of done a test called “D-Dimers”. This is how they check for dvt, if number is elevated then that shows there was a clot at the time of taking bloods. 

If you’re concerned they’ll brush it under the carpet, then ask for the D-Dimer results, but they won’t/can’t hide any abnormalities in her blood tests. I work in this field. 

Innohep injections mate..they are taking blood and doing scans tomorrow.

How many different things can you diagnose through the blood mate out of interest..

12 minutes ago, Wideboy said:

Surely they have taken bloods already???

A huge amount of things bud

No it was Saturday morning.the doctor in the little side building who seen the wife phoned the main hospital and after talking a while.they said Wednesday for blood tests and scans mate..