Ice fishing

On 16/04/2021 at 08:37, KimE said:

I did a little icefishing in Norrbotten Sweden during easter here is some pictures. It was changing weather but not so bad, we got four Arctic Chars.

Skoter fiske.jpg

pimpling.jpg

Rödingfiske.jpg

röding2.jpg

Nice one, 2 things on my do before ya die list, catch charr and visit sweden, how was the charr for eating? Ive heard theyre nice

3 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

Got to say I’m a bit jealous here, always wanted to try ice fishing ??

Icefishing are easy accessable, cheap ,you dont need much gear, both kids and old people can do it. You can borrow my auger.

On 19/04/2021 at 13:48, KimE said:

I went to visit my mother and brothers during the easter. We usually spend time outdoors with eating by the fire, driving snowmobiles, fishing, and skiing.

What a life, here in northern ireland its usually rain mixed with a bit of sunshine or rain with cold wind or just more rain lol, we have small isolated populations of landlocked charr and this season we’re going to try for some. I take it your a native swede?

I'm guessing these isolated pockets in Ireland of charr are left over from the ice age, are they the same species as up north? 

Ice fishing is something I wanna do but in north America! I saw a film/doc on it when I was a kid and always said, I'll do that one day.

Edited by mushroom
3 hours ago, Lenmcharristar said:

What a life, here in northern ireland its usually rain mixed with a bit of sunshine or rain with cold wind or just more rain lol, we have small isolated populations of landlocked charr and this season we’re going to try for some. I take it your a native swede?

Yes I`m born and live in northern Sweden.

Tomorrow the weather forecast are a mix of snow and rain blowing in sideways.

Edited by KimE
32 minutes ago, mushroom said:

I'm guessing these isolated pockets in Ireland of charr are left over from the ice age, are they the same species as up north? 

Ice fishing is something I wanna do but in north America! I saw a film/doc on it when I was a kid and always said, I'll do that one day.

Yes mate theyre remnants from the last ice age, lough melvin is where they are, and other deep remote loughs, personally in my opinion they should be restocked into lough neagh again as they would get huge like the dollaghan trout do, similar to steel heads

• Like 1
1 hour ago, KimE said:

Yes we have plenty of lakes, rivers, streams and the Botnic bay to fish in. In many areas you can buy a fishing day card for ~5£ online or with Swish.

Keep the pics coming of your days out fishing, looks a cracking place to go for a holiday fishing.

• Like 3