• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Opinel and an oil stone. :good:

:yes: I've had my opinel for 14 + years and it's still doing the job. :thumbs:

you havent killed enough game then :whistling: .............. :tongue2:

I'm trying. ;)

good..man .... :D:thumbs: iwant to see that blade as big as a needle by the end off the season :clapper::clapper:

I'm trying. ;)

good..man .... :D:thumbs: iwant to see that blade as big as a needle by the end off the season :clapper::clapper:

Here it is. :yes:

post-5755-1200266731_thumb.jpg

nah my blade 1 and abit centemeters across the serade is used to breack the back legs and hack off the head also the problem the the stanley blade is that running it up the guts would take ages youd ethier breack the intestines or keep have ting to reinsert the kinifes while a curved tip dose it perfectly also you'd have trouble spliting the back legs because the blades to large to fit in between the rabbits legs cutting the head off also should be nice and quick but because the blades always keen it is always handy but say you want to skin somthing bigger one day or have to stab say a fox quick because its got a youne pup or a older dog the wrong way i like it but because it's cheap and handy but and i dont know how you skin rabbits but i dont think its any good for me i like it done fast and clean

Guest Ditch_Shitter

I've carried Opinel No. 7's for thirty four years now. About twenty five years ago I bought myself a leather belt pouch with a stud fastening, flip over top cover to hold one. Bridgedale, I believe it is? Can't tell ye as it's on my belt as I type and I can't get my eyes to it.

I just like their workmanlikeness. And the fact that, should I ever lose, break or just plain wear one out? I can be pretty sure of being able to pick up a new one on the way home. And that one will be as familiar as all the others.

Cheap as chips. Ubiquitous. No fuss.

i used opinel for a while and then got a lansky sharpener after it being recomended and i never thought that such a cheap knife could go so sharp. only down side is i found myself forever sharpening it as it went blunt rather quickly and with it being the carbon steel rusted with the slightest bit of blood or water on it. i now use a buck protege like someone else on here and its great. takes a great edge and holds it whilst being a reasonable price and very light. the dimpled rubber grip is great aswell if your hands are wet or covered in blood, top knife imo.

I'm trying. ;)

Here it is. :yes:

post-5755-1200266731_thumb.jpg

i think you should treat yourself to a new one mate it looks well worn to me any way

it is very handy sometimes to have that thumb stud to open it with one hand! i use it at work too for cutting rope etc,it gets covered in mud,dropped and filled with grit and gunge! get home and wash it,dry it and its as good as new!done that every day for yrs now and its still sharper than my mates opinel! although i do sharpen mine....lol