12 hours ago, Rabid said:

CWD, and whilst the 6.5 does the job admirably, it’s making a fair mess of them, 223 will do my fox and CWD 

Can I ask What round are you using in the 6.5 x 55 or are you using the Grendle I have had no issues as regards making a mess of a Deer and I have used one 20 yr granted on roe red and fallow, I have not shot cwd with one , I use 140 grn for the lot, and have a 90 grn for fox 

3 hours ago, 3175darren said:

Can I ask What round are you using in the 6.5 x 55 or are you using the Grendle I have had no issues as regards making a mess of a Deer and I have used one 20 yr granted on roe red and fallow, I have not shot cwd with one , I use 140 grn for the lot, and have a 90 grn for fox 

6.5cm not the swede (Sore point but let’s not go there)

143gn eldx as that’s about the only round I can get to group any where near half decent so far.

41 minutes ago, Rabid said:

6.5cm not the swede (Sore point but let’s not go there)

143gn eldx as that’s about the only round I can get to group any where near half decent so far.

I have no experience with the creedmoor, I have had the swede for a long time and never felt the need to change, I just thought it funny when you mentioned meat damage, 

19 minutes ago, 3175darren said:

I have no experience with the creedmoor, I have had the swede for a long time and never felt the need to change, I just thought it funny when you mentioned meat damage, 

The sore point is I applied for the swede, came back as the Creed, I went with it at the time as I could lay my hands on one straight away but no swedes were available.

Its an excellent round, but the swede is much nicer to shoot in my opinion.
I dare say once I play around with some loads and find the right one to do the job it will be fine, I just don’t have time to be messing around this season.

4 hours ago, Rabid said:

The sore point is I applied for the swede, came back as the Creed, I went with it at the time as I could lay my hands on one straight away but no swedes were available.

I dare say once I play around with some loads and find the right one to do the job it will be fine, I just don’t have time to be messing around this season.

Good luck with it, as I say no experience of the CM , but the swede is a very pleasant gun mine is not as good with lighter bullets but it is still quiet accurate it just tends to shred the jackets on the ones I have tried, so I tend to stick to the 140 grn but would like to try the 150 if I could find some bullet heads local to me, other than that it drops them very quickly nothing gets away, and I always see the bullet strike which I like,  and if I take anyone out they all choose the 6.5 over the 270 so I got rid of the 270,

On 26/12/2020 at 12:09, Rabid said:

Big impatient b*****d ...?..serves you right ...

• Haha 1