" The Greyman Effect "

That's what I'm calling it.

Especially bought a big sack of dry shit. Garnered information about it. Soaked it. Put it in a bowl I'd made drainage holes in. Took it out, with my trail cam.

Strapped the cam to the neck of a gas bottle. Aimed it. Pointed it. Gauged and adjusted it. Today, to my uncontainable delight, the bowl was licked clean! Here we fukkin go! Brought the cam in and offloaded half a dozen clips.

First one is me. I'm stood about fifteen foot from the cam. Staring at it. Looking down at the bowl at my feet. I hold an arm out, to better judge the perfect trajectory. Nudge the bowl with my foot. Probably grunt. And walk away.

And right at the very last second. Just as my nose leaves the frame, stage left? The fukking camera slips and points up into the sky!!!!!

And that's All I got. Fukking moths and shit. Half a dozen random clips of clear, open sky. I'm absolutely gutted! Bet Greyman's been there!

??? Sorry, Lee. It was like a continuation of another thread, where I'd indicated I intend to deliberately put out 'food' and film what takes it. Started with day old chicks. Now, I've upped the ante with a whole bowl off grub. Foxes and badgers are out there. I'm not expecting anything exotic.

• Like 1

:D And I've just stood here and watched my fox and my cock pheasant within Feet of each other, again. No shits given!

Okay. Bowl of grub's out. I'm about to go and put another in hot soak. Because, if gutty fox takes this, we should have some cracking film. Then, I'll need more for tonight. (I think we're gonna need a bigger bowl! ?)

Cam's back on the gas bottle. But, differently and more thoughtfully strapped. If that low sun doesn't fukk me over again, I might have stuff before dark. It's the night I'm looking forward too though. See who's getting what.

Fox is back!!! And he's nicking my fukking bowl!!!!! ???

I don't believe it! I can't get a photo through this window, because of the flash bouncing back. But, of course, I must have footage of the little bugger tipping the bowl, at snouts length, before actually gripping it and fukking off out of shot with it!

He's tucked in behind the hedge now ..... Yep! Just checked and he's gone! Bet he's got a full belly and that bowl's empty! Little Fukker! :D

You Could Not Fukking Make This Up!!!!! ?

So delighted am I, knowing what cracking 'first time' footage I have to show? I go out there - spooking foxy, who's back. He goes romping down the meadow. Passing right by Seiko, my cock pheasant, who's heading back up!

Fetch the camera back in. Plug it in. Pop the folder ..... Kunting fukking thing was Dead!!!

Checked the placement of all the batteries. Checked their power. Finally pushed the button incrementally? Fired up! Fukking thing!!!

Reset it now. Took my time and checked the Set Up screen lit. Then to On. Watched the blinking red. Now, we wait - Again! (Fox had barely licked the top off the grub, by the way. Not a greedy fox)

Let's see what might happen in the next hour or so.

• Like 1

Shot it? You don't know how close I've come, mate! ?

But, no; Since it's got dark, I've gone out there and walked round it, to ensure I saw the red light come on as it filmed me. I did. Then, realising the new, Big bowl of grub was still in the kitchen, I took that out there and Again watched the salute.

If I don't have the batteries drained dry for taking good films of foxes and badgers tomorrow? Up against the fukkin wall!!! ?

• Like 1