When bonding skin to seal a wound make sure to leave a gap for drainage....a wound may look clean to the eye but unless a drainage hole is left you can often expect infection afterwards.

Good job you brought this up mate .Same goes for any type of wound repair .If a wound starts to go any colour other than red along the edges then infection is on its way .

i believe a form of super glue was first used in the vietnam war..

thats correct used it on dogs many times also it is used at a and e at hospitals no brand name on tube to keep us in the dark :clapper:

I had a look they don`t like to say much i will find out some how :thumbs:

As stated before it was invented for field medics in Vietnam I have had to use it once on a barbed wire cut to a dog most important that wound is cleaned ,then apply and seek vetinary assistance.

i prefer staplers as leaves a little bit of open wound for drainage.

• 1 month later...

Invented during the Korean war to stick blast victims back together as most of the time there was nothing to hold the stiches. Still used in hospitals today mainly for head wounds. People just realised you could pretty much stick anything with it and it could make you a fortune so they readvertise it and sold it to the general public :clapper:

cant beet it for emergency on the field. my bitch hit a wire fence in full stride and took the skin right back on her chest to about 8 inches long 4 inch wide.very lucky not to hit an artery,out came the glue after washing in the water

trough,cleaned and dried her with my shirt and stuck it all back in place,two weeks of antibiotics and 5 wks rest .

shes as good as new. :good:

used it a few times but only use cut n heal now comes in a bottle with a toilet brush like ball inside to apply it always worked wonders . once seen a 15 month old pup with a wound on its side 4 inches in diameter and nearly perfectly round it just took the skin clean of and was bare flesh that wasnt bleeding christ knows how the vet told the boy to leave it open clean it once a day with salt water n that was it the dog was running and won a race 2 nites later the vet said because where it was it didnt affect her this is a proper running dog vet also had to glue the staffs muzzle after a fox nailed him when he was about 6 months c ripped an inch long cut from his lip it worked but i think the glue stung more than the actual bite lol also seen dogs cut along the hole side legg the lot from a hair rail held on the table n stitched closed with a neadle n thread lots of ways people used to do it but now a dog just needs to look tired and its taken to the vet .